TR-Chronicles and Win XP Home (NT Format) Issues...

Okay, I know that Eidos said it wasn't prepared to deal with Win XP, and I know
that XP has this compatability function....

....however, I seem to be running into this problem: TR-Chronicles' EXE file
keeps crashing the moment it starts...

....and now the Setup EXE file is also starting to crash on startup.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The title shows the type of XP and the
file format I'm using.

Set compatability mode to windows 98. It should run fine. Levels may take up
2 two mins to load though - the game hasn't crashed.

If you find this a pain (and it is) you can download a slow level load patch
for XP (can't remember where from now) that will fix the slow level loading,
and probably negate the need for compatability mode.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Kieran

"Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I know that Eidos said it wasn't prepared to deal with Win XP, and I
know
> that XP has this compatability function....
>
> ...however, I seem to be running into this problem: TR-Chronicles' EXE
file
> keeps crashing the moment it starts...
>
> ...and now the Setup EXE file is also starting to crash on startup.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The title shows the type of XP
and the
> file format I'm using.

Patches here:

http://www.pcgamesdb.com/tombraider/downloads_demopatch.php