TR-Chronicles and Win XP Home (NT Format) Issues...

Okay, I know that Eidos said it wasn't prepared to deal with Win XP, and I know
that XP has this compatability function....

....however, I seem to be running into this problem: TR-Chronicles' EXE file
keeps crashing the moment it starts...

....and now the Setup EXE file is also starting to crash on startup.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The title shows the type of XP and the
file format I'm using.
2 answers Last reply
More about chronicles home format issues
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Set compatability mode to windows 98. It should run fine. Levels may take up
    2 two mins to load though - the game hasn't crashed.

    If you find this a pain (and it is) you can download a slow level load patch
    for XP (can't remember where from now) that will fix the slow level loading,
    and probably negate the need for compatability mode.

    Sorry I couldn't be more help.

    Kieran

    "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Okay, I know that Eidos said it wasn't prepared to deal with Win XP, and I
    know
    > that XP has this compatability function....
    >
    > ...however, I seem to be running into this problem: TR-Chronicles' EXE
    file
    > keeps crashing the moment it starts...
    >
    > ...and now the Setup EXE file is also starting to crash on startup.
    >
    > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The title shows the type of XP
    and the
    > file format I'm using.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Patches here:

    http://www.pcgamesdb.com/tombraider/downloads_demopatch.php

    Shehi

    "kieran_jazz" <kieran.oshea@NOSPAMtalk21.com> wrote in message news:<c8u0ei$hmf$1@pump1.york.ac.uk>...
    > Set compatability mode to windows 98. It should run fine. Levels may take up
    > 2 two mins to load though - the game hasn't crashed.
    >
    > If you find this a pain (and it is) you can download a slow level load patch
    > for XP (can't remember where from now) that will fix the slow level loading,
    > and probably negate the need for compatability mode.
    >
    > Sorry I couldn't be more help.
    >
    > Kieran
    >
    > "Paul E Kiefer Jr" <pkieferjr@aol.com> wrote in message
    > > Okay, I know that Eidos said it wasn't prepared to deal with Win XP, and I
    > know
    > > that XP has this compatability function....
    > >
    > > ...however, I seem to be running into this problem: TR-Chronicles' EXE
    > file
    > > keeps crashing the moment it starts...
    > >
    > > ...and now the Setup EXE file is also starting to crash on startup.
    > >
    > > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The title shows the type of XP
    > and the
    > > file format I'm using.

Windows XP Games Format Video Games