Looking for some advice...please.

Hello everyone. I have had my thread posted for awhile and nothing. Would someone please check out what I have. The thread that I have is [Asus] Looking for some advice...please under ny login name rockin5b. It has all my computer info within that thread. I was advised to check out this forum and had people looking at the thread posted but to no avail...no responses. I would like to make some kind of recommended improvements to my system. So if you have the time can you check it out. Thank-you.
5 answers Last reply
More about looking advice please
  1. Can't find your original post. I suggest you use the edit key and change this post to your original one.
  2. This is the link. I copied it as a shortcut. I hope it works. If you may not have an answer for me can you point me in a direction I might be able to get one. Thank- you for your time. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=30&post=285695&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
  3. 8 gb of ram won't do you any good with a 32 bit operating system. I don't notice that much difference running 8 gb with windows 64 bit ultra versus 4 gb with 32 bit windows xp. Windows 7 just gives you more features and eye candy, not speed. You need to set a budget for cpu/board/ram upgrade and sell off your old stuff. I wouldn't put any more $$ into your current system.
  4. Not trying to be a smart$%^ or anything...yes i know 8 gig will not do anything for a 32bit. I have money wrapped into this from the initial time I purchased it so I would like to carry with it for a bit longer rather than getting all new stuff. Believe me...I would like to upgrade all the way around. What I am looking at though is trying to "stick it out" with what I have right now but would it be worth stepping into a 64 bit sys with windows 7 or such then upgrading my ram to max...which currently with this MBO it is 8 gig. Another thing with my current Ram...its corsair. I have 2 matching sets of 1 gig and 2 matching sets of 512. When I get to my desktop and check computer properties to see what I am reading it shows 2.50 gig...it use to read 3.00 gig. This is where I would like to do some changes. I was thinking of getting a 4 gig set of ram(1 gig each). Since I am wanting to stick it out for a bit longer do you think that would be good to go? Would I get more efficiency out of using all four banks of RAM or should i just use two banks filling them with 2 gig each which still enables the dual channel capability. If you dont have any suggestions for this then maybe might you point me in a direction that may assist. Thanks again for your time.
  5. Your current ram is more than adequate for your 32 bit system and board. If you want to upgrade, get the windows 7 first and see how it runs with your ram. I found my windows 7 kits used on craigslist for about half their original price.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Motherboards Product