Sign in with
Your question

Looking for some advice...please.

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2011 5:20:28 AM

Hello everyone. I have had my thread posted for awhile and nothing. Would someone please check out what I have. The thread that I have is [Asus] Looking for some advice...please under ny login name rockin5b. It has all my computer info within that thread. I was advised to check out this forum and had people looking at the thread posted but to no avail...no responses. I would like to make some kind of recommended improvements to my system. So if you have the time can you check it out. Thank-you.

More about : advice

a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 29, 2011 1:26:38 PM

Can't find your original post. I suggest you use the edit key and change this post to your original one.
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 29, 2011 7:55:45 PM

8 gb of ram won't do you any good with a 32 bit operating system. I don't notice that much difference running 8 gb with windows 64 bit ultra versus 4 gb with 32 bit windows xp. Windows 7 just gives you more features and eye candy, not speed. You need to set a budget for cpu/board/ram upgrade and sell off your old stuff. I wouldn't put any more $$ into your current system.
m
l
January 29, 2011 9:32:20 PM

Not trying to be a smart$%^ or anything...yes i know 8 gig will not do anything for a 32bit. I have money wrapped into this from the initial time I purchased it so I would like to carry with it for a bit longer rather than getting all new stuff. Believe me...I would like to upgrade all the way around. What I am looking at though is trying to "stick it out" with what I have right now but would it be worth stepping into a 64 bit sys with windows 7 or such then upgrading my ram to max...which currently with this MBO it is 8 gig. Another thing with my current Ram...its corsair. I have 2 matching sets of 1 gig and 2 matching sets of 512. When I get to my desktop and check computer properties to see what I am reading it shows 2.50 gig...it use to read 3.00 gig. This is where I would like to do some changes. I was thinking of getting a 4 gig set of ram(1 gig each). Since I am wanting to stick it out for a bit longer do you think that would be good to go? Would I get more efficiency out of using all four banks of RAM or should i just use two banks filling them with 2 gig each which still enables the dual channel capability. If you dont have any suggestions for this then maybe might you point me in a direction that may assist. Thanks again for your time.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 29, 2011 10:20:15 PM

Your current ram is more than adequate for your 32 bit system and board. If you want to upgrade, get the windows 7 first and see how it runs with your ram. I found my windows 7 kits used on craigslist for about half their original price.
m
l
!