Custom Made Switch Panel - Help Needed

ZombieAttack27

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
First off, I wanna say hi to everybody here at Tom's Hardware. I just joined the forums and I haven't had time to set up my account or anything, but I'm anxious to meet all of you, and I'm glad to be here.

Now to my question:

I'm making a custom switch panel (to rewire the eject buttons from my stealth bays) out of one of the drive bays on my Silverstone Rv01 case. I ordered the switches today and they should get here anytime. Only problem is, they're WAY smaller than I thought they were, and I want to mount them on a 3.5" external drive bay rather than the 5.25" drive bays provided in order to make things look right proportionally.

I know there are adapters and mounting kits out there, but I'm not sure what the best solution is. Can anyone here give me some help on what I should do. Flexibility is not an issue as I'm still in the early stages of my build, but I need to use the switches and case listed above because I already ordered them.

Thanks so much in advance... Like I said, I'm really looking forward to being on these forums.

ZombieAttack27

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Alright well basically what I'm saying is that when you put small things on big things, they look EXTRA small.

When you put small things on other small things, they look BETTER.

My question is whether or not I should just drill holes in one of my BIG drive bay covers as opposed to buying some SMALLER special switch panel case or something.

TRENDING THREADS