Something very strange has happened with in our company since last night. We had a client application put on one of our server to update our database to theirs. It seemed to communicate fine with the external server and now..
1. Doesn't ping ONLY from the server we want to receive the update. (My PC pings fine)
2. Also I discovered, some other sites won't ping or open in a browser all of a sudden! Google being the biggest name I can think of! Pings and browser access fail. Yahoo for instance, does load.
I am posting my ipconfig /all up to let me know if you notice anything. On a tracert it hits our firewall 192.168.1.1 then all fail there after. Please if anyone knows why this was caused and how to change it I would appreciate it.
*Windows Server 2008 standard R2 edition.
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Apollo
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : aegis.com
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : aegis.com
If you are not using IPv6, Turn it off as I have seen this cause problems.
I would look through the firewall settings for servers ip addresses. I am assuming that in order for the company to connect you had to forward some ports. Check and make sure something else did or didn't get configured.
Nope, very good observation on the IPv6 though. I saw it and it didn't even cross my mind. We have no use for it and I shut it off (excited of course). Google pinged, I almost wet my pants, then 5 minutes later, google wouldn't ping. I really don't understand this. Between amazon, ebay, and google, they ping when they want, then they won't. This includes our database source - it has the same behavior.
Taking a closer look at the firewall now, but I have yet to pull anything solid from that either.
Ping cornerstone.mris.com - Please wait...
PING 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 18.104.22.168: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=465.5 ms
64 bytes from 22.214.171.124: icmp_seq=1 ttl=54 time=1378.3 ms
64 bytes from 126.96.36.199: icmp_seq=2 ttl=54 time=599.4 ms
64 bytes from 188.8.131.52: icmp_seq=3 ttl=54 time=188.5 ms
64 bytes from 184.108.40.206: icmp_seq=4 ttl=54 time=118.7 ms
--- 220.127.116.11 ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 5 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 118.7/550.0/1378.3 ms
I wanted to add this. I just sent this to our database server we are attempting to connect and this was from our actual firewall device. It has to be a problem on the server. Its running Windows Server 2008 R2, we have virtual IP's set up. I don't believe (I say believe because I never used google, or amazon, etc before this database problem so maybe its been going on!) the problem ever occured before we installed the client to connect to the database. You can even check it out for yourself at http://www.mris.com/ it seems like such a basic program, that I don't see how it could cause a confusion such as this.