Sign in with
Your question

Ultimate gaming build

Last response: in Systems
May 13, 2010 9:49:47 AM

Hello,
Basically i have been doing alot of research over the past few weeks trying to work out how to build my ultimate gaming pc and im tired of researching, if anyone has a build that would work let me know in here, cheers

At this stage im looking to purchase in about a years time, i have never built a pc which is why im doing so much research.

Im wanting to play 3D games, hopefully have enough power to play any game at full res for next few years, im not too worried about prices at this stage, and am also considering the 3 screen setups.

Currently looking at things like acouple 480's a i7, not sure what to look at for motherboard and possably projectors instead of screens?

Should i be aiming at 3 GPU to futureproof the physx technollogy for awhile also? thought comments and ideas are welcome, thanks :D 

This is my insperation for looking into the whole 3 screen and projecter setup http://nthusim.com/setup/bhawthorne-triple-circular-pro...

More about : ultimate gaming build

a b 4 Gaming
May 13, 2010 9:55:35 AM

Welcome to the forum. If you are not planning on purchasing for another year, I would wait and repost a week or so before. A great deal of changes will likely happen in one year's time. Also, there's a Build Advice form in my signature that you could fill out when you ready to buy.
m
l
May 13, 2010 10:02:42 AM

Well, if you have the money might as well go for three GTX 480s in 3-Way SLI, and an i7 980X Extreme Edition - the only thing that wouldn't bottleneck a four way SLI setup if you do intend to buy another one later on.

A good motherboard would be the Rampage III Extreme.

In a years time though, there will be a new generation of AMD CPUs and probably newer faster GPUs too.
m
l
Related resources
May 13, 2010 10:41:12 AM

sweet thanks,
That Rampage looks awesome, exactly something i needed to know so cheers, and yeah im aware there will be changes in a year but if i work out what sort of stuff i need to look at i know what i need to research in my spare time, hopefully this stuff wont be so outdatted then that i have to look at something completly new...

or in a years time this set up will be alot cheaper anyway :D 

With the 3 and 4 way SLI does it cause issues with trying to fit things in? im looking at pictures of the mobo and what would go into the slots between the PCIe slots? http://wd.ch-img.com/1100831-asus-rampage-iii-extreme-6... would putting in the extra GPU's make this unusable?

Would you reccomend using 6x2gig ram or 2x6gig ram, does this cause issues like "bottlenecking"?

and finally no comments about the projecter vs screens, 3d or physx? guess its all still fairly new :)  thanks
m
l
May 13, 2010 10:42:54 AM

EVGA Classified Super Record 2
2 x Xeon X5680
4 x GTX 480
m
l
May 13, 2010 11:06:05 AM

phil_h_99 said:
EVGA Classified Super Record 2
2 x Xeon X5680