Sign in with
Your question

Updating Win XP Pro (32)

Last response: in Windows XP
January 31, 2013 3:05:52 PM

I recently reinstalled win XP Pro SP2 (32) on my old machine, as the machine needed a lot of maintenance. However once I reinstalled the OS for some reason I'm unable to update it and for the life of me I cannot work out why.
I'm at a loss. I've tried all the things I can find on the Microsoft support pages, I've tried various solutions from other people posting similar problems on other forums, so far nothing has worked.... So I'm needing some help. I've never had this problem before and over the years I've reinstalled the OS a few times, always working flawlessly and I've not done anything different this time.

The History goes. dban'ed hard drive. Installed XP from CD as per normal, installed hardware drivers. Tried install updates, didn't work.
First off I got error 0x8024400A, so I tried clicking on News post about upgrading to Microsoft Update and installed that. Now I get error 0x80244019.
Followed instructions on Microsoft support site including installing antivirus software and did virus scan (although knew this wasn't the problem)

I followed instructions from another post suggesting running:

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuweb.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wups2.dll - this one didn't work, I got LoadLibrary("c:\windows\system32\wups2.dll") failed - The specified module could not be found.

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wups.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wucltui.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuaueng1.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuaueng.dll

regsvr32.exe c:\windows\system32\wuapi.dll

Any suggestions?
Been going round in circles and cannot find a solution and no idea why I have got this problem in first place.
Many thanks
CC

More about : updating win pro

!