Which to chose

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
By CPU intensive, if you mean multi threaded ie capable of utilizing as many cores as possible then the Phenom II X6 is the choice.But other than that there are quite a few games in which the i7 quad cores take the lead.But for overall performance the AMD will provide you with more value for money.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I actually just saw an update that Valve put out that stated that TF2 could use more then 4 threads now.

The 1090T would definitely be better if you compare it with that $550 dollar i7. If you were to get an i7, I would go with the i7 930 at $300.

The 1090T has the best price for performance if you use all 6 threads, I believe TF2 now does, so it would be a good buy. Whichever processor you go with will give you over 100fps anyway.

Right in the specs for each:

cooliT:
Block Compatibility Intel sockets LGA 775, 1156, 1366
AMD sockets AM2, AM2+, AM3

Asus Crosshair:
CPU Socket Type AM3

As for ram, get the corsair. There will be no benefit from the other ones.

Edit: one more note on the ram. It will work, but it is triple channel. Your motherboard supports dual channel so if you put in that ram, it will run in single channel mode. And no performance benefit from that. But really, there isn't too much of a performance increase for multi-channel ram anyway.

I'm also going to recommend the cheaper 2.8GHz 1055t if you are overclocking. $100 less, locked multi but from what I have seen, it overclocks the same.

Yeah, I'm thinking you should have gotten everything together in your mind and posted all your questions in your first post :p

It's a good CPU. But 0.2GHz slower and still an unlocked multiplier at $20 less:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103808

I'd even go so far as to say this will still perform very well, saving you more money than it will be detrimental to performance for a further $20 less:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103809&cm_re=phenom_II_945-_-19-103-809-_-Product

All are C3 stepping so, without taking into account binning and the flexibility of the unlocked first two, they should overclock the same.