Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 64 raid

Last response: in Systems
May 13, 2010 6:01:10 PM

Hello, I have windows 7 x64 ultimate. I have 2 250GB sata2 3.0GB 7200rpm HDD's.with raid striping. I want to set them on raid 0. I have an MSI AMD 790FX-GD70 AM3 Motherboard. In the bios , my options are raid , ide , and ahci. What do I set e-sata mode and raid mode to? i.e. ide,ide ide,raid ahci,raid ahci,ahci?
I have all the latest drivers from MSI on a flash drive. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

More about : windows raid

May 21, 2010 4:14:55 AM

The mobo manual (available to download) has all the controller config procedures.

If your drives are "already striped", well that's too bad cause all partitions must be deleted before you can set up a new RAID.

= Al =
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 11, 2010 1:04:58 AM

Jabba_33 said:
Hello, I have windows 7 x64 ultimate. I have 2 250GB sata2 3.0GB 7200rpm HDD's.with raid striping. I want to set them on raid 0. I have an MSI AMD 790FX-GD70 AM3 Motherboard. In the bios , my options are raid , ide , and ahci. What do I set e-sata mode and raid mode to? i.e. ide,ide ide,raid ahci,raid ahci,ahci?
I have all the latest drivers from MSI on a flash drive. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Please reconsider RAID0 (striping) - in RAID0 if you lose one disk, you lose everything! RAID1 (mirroring) is the way to go. Explained here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID
m
l
!