Free driver windvd blue ray for VIAO

I lost the driver of Blue Ray of my Viao Sony when I was installing Window 7. Now i can't play de blue ray DVD.
11 answers Last reply
More about free driver windvd blue viao
  1. Have you checked your Device Manager?
    Is your DVD device installed there?
  2. Gandalf said:
    Have you checked your Device Manager?
    Is your DVD device installed there?

    yes it looks like it is
  3. If the device is listed in the Device Manager, then your computer is recognizing the device and the driver is installed. If you think the driver may not have been correctly installed, you can delete the device (with the Delete key) from the Device Manager and reboot. This should cause Windows to reinstalled the device.
  4. it actually just says DVD/CD not BD
  5. If it is the category you are looking at it should show "DVD/CD-ROM drives" with a > in front of it. Click on the > to open the category. What does it now say?
  6. When i do that your right it shows an underneath bar and it says

    MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device
  7. That is your DVD drive. What is the model of your VAIO computer?

    Is your DVD a Matsushita BD-CMB UB-120B ?

    You need to be very accurate with your typing please.
  8. Gandalf said:
    That is your DVD drive. What is the model of your VAIO computer?

    Is your DVD a Matsushita BD-CMB UB-120B ?

    You need to be very accurate with your typing please.


    My Vaio is VGN-FZ470E and yes that is BD/DVD rom (MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device) is exactly how it comes up in the device manager
    Thanks
  9. This might help...
    http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNFZ470E
    click on the + in front of Blu-ray Disc
  10. Gandalf said:
    This might help...
    http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNFZ470E
    click on the + in front of Blu-ray Disc

    Thanks i did do that before but the driver is not compatible with 7. i need to figure out how to keep 7 on the computer but if there is a way to use the vista driver for the BD/DVD rom.
    Thanks
  11. You might want to try the chat option...
    http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-contacts.pl?mdl=VGNFZ470E

    They might have a backdoor for Window 7 issues.
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Sony Blu-ray DVD Windows 7