Sign in with
Your question

Overheating?

Last response: in Components
July 19, 2010 4:03:06 PM

Hello, So I have been having some problems with my CPU. Know I have a custom CPU that has all the new gear for when it was made and that was 2 years ago. For some reason lately Ill play a game such as MW2 or THe battle for middle earth 2; and after about 2 hours my comp will freeze up and have weird little pictures all over the screen. Now I did a memory test thing and that is all good, also I have no viruses cause I just had it in for a check up. So I am thinking it might be over heating.

I installed 2 programs one is EVEREST home edition and the toher is Core Temp.

On Everest these are my Temps at idle:

Motherboard 58 C(136 F)
CPU 54 C(129 F)
GPU 60 C(140 F)
Seagate etc. 38 C(100 F)

I dont know if those are good nore do I know if this program is reliable.

My computer has this:

Microsoft XP Home Edition
NVIDIA GEForce 9800 GTX
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 6000+
3.01 GHz, 2.00 GB of RAM

If anyone can suggest what I should try to do that would be much help thx.

More about : overheating

a c 159 à CPUs
July 19, 2010 4:23:22 PM

You may be able to add a case fan, or change the video card heatsink. Check newegg for solutions and so some measurements or check your case specs.
m
l
July 19, 2010 4:26:29 PM

Get a can of air and blow out the video card and cooling fins on the mobo.
see if it helps.
m
l
Related resources
July 19, 2010 6:22:33 PM

mhelm1 said:
Get a can of air and blow out the video card and cooling fins on the mobo.
see if it helps.

Yes acually I popped oopen my case and it looks abit dusty. So I just went down to the store and bought a can of air. Ill blow i out when I get back to work. As it looks one of my main fans seems to have a wall of dust covering the airflow so that will probably be the reason.
m
l
July 19, 2010 6:57:59 PM

Check to be sure the fans are still working. A lot of dust could have stalled it and burned out the motor.
m
l
!