Best motherboard for Intel I5 2500k?

a-p-p-l-e-s

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
Hi i ended up buying the intel i5 2500k unlocked cpu and was wondering what is the best motherboard i can get? i wil lbe gaming and want to oc a lot. Preferably 130$ under thanks!

Solution
The Asus Pro the JackNaylorPE listed looks good. Two things to be aware of. First, there have been some issues with these new boards. Mostly miner fixes, but something you may want to Google. Second, I've noticed that many of the SLI/X-fire labeled boards are running the 2nd PCIe slot at X4. Just an FYI. That Asus SE model that you mentioned is one of them. It does support Turbo Boost though. If you don't plan on dual GPU's, it doesn't look bad for the price. In any case, and this is coming from a GB fan, I think Asus has an edge on the 1155 sockets right now.

a-p-p-l-e-s

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011
NCIX Gaming Bundle ASUS P8P67 LE ATX P67 2PCI-E16 Motherboard + Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge CPU is what im planning to buy for 339.99$. Is the
ASUS P8P67 LE ATX P67 2PCI-E16 Motherboard good for OC'ing?

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
The Asus Pro the JackNaylorPE listed looks good. Two things to be aware of. First, there have been some issues with these new boards. Mostly miner fixes, but something you may want to Google. Second, I've noticed that many of the SLI/X-fire labeled boards are running the 2nd PCIe slot at X4. Just an FYI. That Asus SE model that you mentioned is one of them. It does support Turbo Boost though. If you don't plan on dual GPU's, it doesn't look bad for the price. In any case, and this is coming from a GB fan, I think Asus has an edge on the 1155 sockets right now.

Solution

a-p-p-l-e-s

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

is the ASUS P8P67 PRO good for cf and sli? has two 16 pcie right? and not 2nd x4

a-p-p-l-e-s

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2011

I just tried out direct canada. They do have free shipping but then the tax is hst out side of bc. Gst only if in bc. Ncix is really close to my home so i dont really need free shipping because i can just walk in.

I'm ouitside of BC and I got charged GST only. BC residents are charged HST.