Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best motherboard for Intel I5 2500k?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
January 29, 2011 11:36:56 PM

Hi i ended up buying the intel i5 2500k unlocked cpu and was wondering what is the best motherboard i can get? i wil lbe gaming and want to oc a lot. Preferably 130$ under thanks!
January 30, 2011 1:22:11 AM

NCIX Gaming Bundle ASUS P8P67 LE ATX P67 2PCI-E16 Motherboard + Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge CPU is what im planning to buy for 339.99$. Is the
ASUS P8P67 LE ATX P67 2PCI-E16 Motherboard good for OC'ing?
m
0
l
January 30, 2011 4:03:17 AM

changed my limit of the motherboard to 180$ max! any ideas? please post! i will oc the 2500k while i play my starcraft 2!
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2011 7:42:20 AM

The Asus Pro the JackNaylorPE listed looks good. Two things to be aware of. First, there have been some issues with these new boards. Mostly miner fixes, but something you may want to Google. Second, I've noticed that many of the SLI/X-fire labeled boards are running the 2nd PCIe slot at X4. Just an FYI. That Asus SE model that you mentioned is one of them. It does support Turbo Boost though. If you don't plan on dual GPU's, it doesn't look bad for the price. In any case, and this is coming from a GB fan, I think Asus has an edge on the 1155 sockets right now.
Share
January 30, 2011 11:29:20 AM

jockey said:
The Asus Pro the JackNaylorPE listed looks good. Two things to be aware of. First, there have been some issues with these new boards. Mostly miner fixes, but something you may want to Google. Second, I've noticed that many of the SLI/X-fire labeled boards are running the 2nd PCIe slot at X4. Just an FYI. That Asus SE model that you mentioned is one of them. It does support Turbo Boost though. If you don't plan on dual GPU's, it doesn't look bad for the price. In any case, and this is coming from a GB fan, I think Asus has an edge on the 1155 sockets right now.

is the ASUS P8P67 PRO good for cf and sli? has two 16 pcie right? and not 2nd x4
m
0
l
a c 229 V Motherboard
January 30, 2011 12:21:16 PM

You should check DirectCanada.com where you pay GST only (unless you're in BC) and you get free ground shipping on > $300 orders.
m
0
l
January 30, 2011 1:25:12 PM

GhislainG said:
You should check DirectCanada.com where you pay GST only (unless you're in BC) and you get free ground shipping on > $300 orders.

I just tried out direct canada. They do have free shipping but then the tax is hst out side of bc. Gst only if in bc. Ncix is really close to my home so i dont really need free shipping because i can just walk in.
m
0
l
February 8, 2011 11:00:02 PM

Best answer selected by a-p-p-l-e-s.
m
0
l
a c 229 V Motherboard
February 9, 2011 1:44:07 AM

a-p-p-l-e-s said:
I just tried out direct canada. They do have free shipping but then the tax is hst out side of bc. Gst only if in bc. Ncix is really close to my home so i dont really need free shipping because i can just walk in.

I'm ouitside of BC and I got charged GST only. BC residents are charged HST.
m
0
l
!