PSU high temperature !!!

strongi

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Hello to everyone, i am having a problem with my psu because at full system load it goes up to 90 celcius.I had a 300 watt psu but after i installed ati hd4670 system crashed at full load so i replaced previous one with a 500 watt but the heating problem remained almost the same, except system doesnt crash .

My configuration:
A8M2N-LA
AMD 64 x2 5000+ (2.6 ghz)
4x1gb ram 666
ati hd 4670
500 gb hdd
500 watt psu

strongi

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
The psu is a random atx500. The psu itself it is getting hot. I monitor it through PC Wizard 2010. when it reaches 85 C, fans are at highest level. All other component temperature are normal. Sorry for late respond !

There are no " random atx500 " power supplies that are capable of having thier temperature read.
The psu would have to either be ESA certified or have an Elan chip on the pcb, then be connected to the motherboard via a USB cable or themal sensor.

Your reading a random number generated by software that has nothing to read.

strongi

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009

That could be true but when the system is idle the temperatures reads normal level 40 C then when i start loading cpu they slightly increase to reach 85-90 at full system load. Also the fans are at their maximum. As of that i think that it is not a fake value generated by software. So basicaly you are sayingthat it is no chance te read temperatures without those you mentioned above couse my psu have none of them. it is sooo random :D. thank you.

strongi

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009

Yes i am sure i am not reading other components temp. i also think thats high but i dont know the reason./

strongi

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009

Thanks a ton.That is pretty strange. i followed your advice and with HW MONITOR psu temp it is not shown at all. But now it is the CPU temperature that is reaching 90 C at its maximum load. I have the cpu at stock speed and with stock cooler. i have a HP m7750n case.

You should open up your case and get in there with a vacuum and a compressed air duster. Your heatsink is most likely not working well due to dust clogging it. If you have a video card, try unscrewing the cover and getting right in the heat sink of that too. Chances are, dust is your problem here.