Sign in with
Your question

Building $2500 gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
May 13, 2010 11:32:12 PM

Hello my name is stark. I just saved some money from work and i want to spend it on a gaming pc. I would like for my new system to be able to max out any game i throw at it, i would like a crossfire and very fast system, But i am not up to date with the newer hardware and i was hoping that you guys (being the experts) can help me out a bit. Thanks!

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next week, the closer the better. BUDGET RANGE: $2000-2500 USD.

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, surfing the internet and some photo editing.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Mouse, OS.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: WWW.NEWEGG.COM COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: New york. USA.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I will be using the Corsair Obsidian 800D, and Intel processor, and ATI GPU (s).

OVERCLOCKING: Yes, once i know how to. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes, if i can afford it.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: I would like a monitor not too big. 21" or less, 19" will be perfect.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I am most worried about the parts compatibility, i wouldn't like to have a part "bottlenecking" another part. Also I am considering an SSD as a boot drive for windows. :sol:  Thanks!

More about : building 2500 gaming

a b 4 Gaming
May 13, 2010 11:36:46 PM
May 13, 2010 11:44:40 PM

Thank you for such a fast reply!. Well you see i am a guy of simple taste, it seems i have a more enjoyable time playing on a small monitor than on a big one (hard to understand, i know). I do not have the obsidian 800D but i will buy it, fell in love since i saw it. I also was thinking for an i7 920 processor for possible future upgrades.
m
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
May 13, 2010 11:55:41 PM

No, the 930 is better. Essentially the only difference is it operates at a slightly higher frequency, but this helps it to compete with the 860 (which is also 2.8GHz) a little better in less threaded workloads.
m
l
May 13, 2010 11:55:52 PM

It seems a lot better now. But i have heard the the i7 920 is better than the i7 930 is that true?
m
l
May 13, 2010 11:58:17 PM

well thank you, i will try to do a little more research and get back to you once i am completely sure on which parts i would like to buy.
m
l
!