Games not going fullscreen in DX10?

I've lately been having an issue with a couple of games and my monitor. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly, but the game will be set in Fullscreen at my monitor native resolution 1920x1080, yet sometimes the game doesn't display full screen. Sometimes it has black borders around the edges, not just the sides, but the whole thing, and the image inside is a bit blurry.

So far it's done this with Stalker Call of Pripyat and Lord of the Rings online, both while running in DX10 mode.

I have an ATI 4890 with updated drivers and an Asus VH242 monitor hooked up HDMI through my vid card.

It displays normally when I put it in windowed mode, but fullscreen is messed.

Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about games fullscreen dx10
  1. maybe check the Catalyst control center settings for scaling. Make sure they are normal.
  2. That's not the problem. It's set to 0%. My desktop screen is at 1920x1080 and looks fine. Most other games look fine too, and in DX9, they are fine. Sometimes they are fullscreen, but sometimes not.

I'm really surprised more people don't have this problem. It seems like a monitor or ATI card issue.
  3. Try it through DVI connection?
  4. I've had a number of ATI cards and never had this issue, even using HDMI. I would try using DVI if you can- even if you need to use a DVI to HDMI adapter, just to see if it makes a difference.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Games Monitors Graphics