A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
Ok so my HHD is full so i got a new one and pluged it in and it works. But one hdd is on disk 0 and the other is on disk 1 and i cant combind them. I tried doing this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptUDq-kMpg and i cant extend the volume. I think its because the hdds are on different disks because in the vid they are on the same disk. So how would i get them on the same disk.

Solution

Winodws 7 HOME premium? It could not support dynamic disk, if you want to migrate your OS to new hard disk, as I know, AOMEI Partition Assistnat Home Edtition adn Parogan Migrate OS tool could do this job. However, here I find an article about how to migrate system to SSD? (I think they are the same to migrate your OS to new HDD).
I forget one things...

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

To solve this problem, you have two choice.
First. Buy a hardware raid controller, then build hardware raid 0.
Requirement: your motherbord must support raid
Advantage: The raid0 will speed up the performance of data reading and writing
Disadvantage: you need to build the raid first then reinstall OS on this raid

Second: Convert these two disk into dynamic disk, and then partition it, leave a single simple volume for OS, and build other volume (both on disk 1 and disk 2) as spanned volume or stripe volume (software raid 0).
Requirement: Your OS must support dynamic disk, most Windows Home Edtition do not support this.
Advantage: compare to first method, this one is easier.
Disadvantage: some applications could not work under dynmaic disk, such as Ghost,

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

What's your OS version? That warning doesn't mean your os could not boot up 100% after convert to dynamic. Becasue the stability of dynamic disk is not as good as basic disk, therefore the system is just give you a precautionary

warning. BTW, why you want to combine them into one? I think to build hardware raid 0 is the best choice.

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011
I am running win 7 home premium version 6.1 (build 7608: service pack 1). I was also trying to just make a clone of my 500gb to my 2tb but not long into the cloning process it came up with an error and faild to clone. I tried like 3 different programs but they all had an error. Is there like a transfer cable or something so i can just transfer my os and data to my new hdd??

quesionboy

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011

Winodws 7 HOME premium? It could not support dynamic disk, if you want to migrate your OS to new hard disk, as I know, AOMEI Partition Assistnat Home Edtition adn Parogan Migrate OS tool could do this job. However, here I find an article about how to migrate system to SSD? (I think they are the same to migrate your OS to new HDD).
I forget one things, the software which mentioned in that article is not free, you could use the freeware which integrate the system migration function. You could find it in CNET

Solution

A Hamburgl3r

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

I did what you said and it works so now i have hdd c, e and p. i just put all the stuff from c to e so now can i remove hdd c?