Sign in with
Your question

Asus g50v wont wake after sleep

Last response: in Motherboards
January 30, 2011 8:11:20 AM

recent discovery with my Asus G50V... I love the pc put windows 7 x64 on it not too long ago. I typically put the pc into "hibernate" mode when i know i will be away for a few hours. Recently ive tried to use the "sleep" mode. Im not sure what the big difference in hibernate and sleep are but for some reason the computer will wake up from sleep but will not show my screen. I have to hard shutdown the computer and restart to get my screen back. All the lights come on and i hear the computer running but the screen will never come back up. This does not occur when i use the "hibernate" only the sleep mode has this issue. can anyone shed some light on this issue its not a big deal just more a curiosity thing with me as to why it will hibernate and wake correctly but not sleep. I have the most recent bios from Asus as well as the most up to date intel and chipset drivers for my computer.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
January 30, 2011 8:17:54 PM

nvidia drivers in general can cause issues with sleep modes - update them too, also update windows
m
l
January 31, 2011 2:26:34 AM

I have the latest updates in drivers and windows 7 service pack 1 and all updates available but i will go back and double check things to make sure... thank u for the input
m
l
Related resources
January 31, 2011 3:58:27 AM

I do have one questions.... on the Asus site there is a "VGA" driver that i have not downloaded and its for nvidia... is that the chipset driver that i might need to update? I know i got the actual video card driver for the nvidia site but i dont think i updated the "vga" driver from the asus site i just let windows install it and then did windows updates. so could this possibly be out of date and how can i make sure i know what vga driver i have installed so i can compare it to the asus site
m
l
November 13, 2013 10:03:06 PM

My G50VT also tended to not recover after turning it back on after sleeping in windows 7. Just a blank screen. Or maybe it was as I was putting it INTO sleep that the screen blanked and it wouldn't progress to fully sleep. I forget. But with Windows 8 (and start8 to hide Metro) it always works fine :) 
m
l
!