skeleton68

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Hi I have just purchased a Sandisk 120GB SSD and am wondering about installing Windows 7 on it. Do I just connect the drive and install as I would a HDD or are there other things I need to do first?

I read somewhere that Windows configures it all with the new install, is this incorrect?

Sorry if this is already covered in another thread I couldn't find it.

Solution
Disconnect any existing drives (even if you are going to use them as additional drives in your new install - not sure about Windows 7 but in other windows installs I think additional drives were reformatted)

Install on the SSD as standard - I believe Windows 7 actives TRIM support automatically. I suppose if you wanted you could update the firmware on the SSD before installing windows.

Then reconnect your additional drives.

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Disconnect any existing drives (even if you are going to use them as additional drives in your new install - not sure about Windows 7 but in other windows installs I think additional drives were reformatted)

Install on the SSD as standard - I believe Windows 7 actives TRIM support automatically. I suppose if you wanted you could update the firmware on the SSD before installing windows.

Then reconnect your additional drives.

Solution