Sign in with
Your question

Connected to wireless but no internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 16, 2010 11:34:53 PM

Hi all,

I have a wireless router set up in my home and everything was working well until I moved the equipment to another part of the house. Now, although I am connected to the wireless network with excellent signal strength, I cannot access the internet or use any web-based functions. The computer I'm having problems with is a Gateway netbook that I have through Verizon, and I am able to access the internet via Verizon's network (that's how I am connected now). Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I have double checked to make sure that everything is physically connected correctly, but am not too tech savvy. Thanks in advance for the help!
a b F Wireless
May 18, 2010 6:40:31 AM

akeener said:
Hi all,

I have a wireless router set up in my home and everything was working well until I moved the equipment to another part of the house. Now, although I am connected to the wireless network with excellent signal strength, I cannot access the internet or use any web-based functions. The computer I'm having problems with is a Gateway netbook that I have through Verizon, and I am able to access the internet via Verizon's network (that's how I am connected now). Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I have double checked to make sure that everything is physically connected correctly, but am not too tech savvy. Thanks in advance for the help!

[#0005ff]Clarification, please. Do you have more than one Internet connection - Verizon and another? Is the Verizon conenction the one that has a wireless router? When you say you can connect using Verizon, is that by being wired to their equipment? [/#000ff]
m
l
Related resources
!