Sign in with
Your question

The next GENE and Formula?!

Last response: in Motherboards
January 30, 2011 7:57:19 PM

ASUS have asked about what would you like to see from a maximus/crosshair gene or formula ?

As it stands out today, we have lots from the ROG line.

Maximus III GENE (Intel)

Crosshair IV Formula (AMD)

Crosshair IV Extreme (AMD)

Rampage III Extreme (Intel)

Rampage III GENE (Intel)

Rampage III Formula (Intel)

Maximus III Formula (Intel)

But with the upcoming new processors which requires new sockets, ASUS have decided to ask what are the demands for users (us) on what we would like to see them implement for the next generation.

If you have ideas or thoughts, come on over to this thread and let your voices/opinion be heard:

http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?1447-The-n...!

With me being an AMD user, I would love to see a Crosshair GENE board designed for mATX users. Every thought counts!

More about : gene formula

a c 1098 V Motherboard
a c 299 Ĉ ASUS
a c 140 å Intel
a c 330 À AMD
January 30, 2011 9:23:35 PM

All I know that there are a lot of AMD users that would like to see AMD CPU boards with SLI support and new tech like USB3 and SATA6GB
m
l
January 30, 2011 9:52:33 PM

rolli59 said:
All I know that there are a lot of AMD users that would like to see AMD CPU boards with SLI support and new tech like USB3 and SATA6GB

I second this
m
l
Related resources
January 30, 2011 11:40:15 PM

rolli59 said:

SLi support isn't exactly AMD's fault.

As for USB 3 and SATA 3, all boards made with the SB850 (only one future board will not have it) will have native SATA 3. USB 3 won't be integrated until at least the next SB refresh. Le sigh.
m
l
a c 1098 V Motherboard
a c 299 Ĉ ASUS
a c 140 å Intel
a c 330 À AMD
January 30, 2011 11:44:22 PM

jedimasterben said:
SLi support isn't exactly AMD's fault.

Was not my meaning either but maybe Asus could do something about it.
m
l
January 30, 2011 11:51:06 PM

They might could add an nForce 200 chip, but I'm not sure if it's possible with an AMD chipset. That would be the only way, as nVidia will not be making any more chipsets for AMD sockets.
m
l
!