Sign in with
Your question

Asus MB does not detect Samsung HD. M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

Last response: in Motherboards
January 30, 2011 10:34:06 PM

I am doing a new build. I have an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 motherboard and I can not get it to "see" the hd. The hard drive is a Samsung f3 1Tb. The hd I had been using before for only 6 months in a different build on a raid set up. Before installing the hard drive into this new build I erased everything off the hd and formatted it to NTFS. I don't remember if I had to remove a jumper or not when I first used the hd but currently there is not a jumper on the hd. When the Bios comes up it does not detect the hd. I have swapped it out for other hd's and those are seen. I have also put this f3 drive into an external hd dock and plugged it into another pc and that pc has no problem seeing it. So I am confused...is it the HD or the MB?
Thanks for any input.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 31, 2011 1:24:29 PM

IF it's the only hardrive, then it should be detected. If you are trying to use it with another drive, you need to prep it as a secondary drive. I use maxblast 5.0 to prep new drives, and it works great. If it's an external usb drive and you're trying to use it as a boot drive, then you may have a conflict somewhere. I always plug in external drives after windows loads and let windows detect it.
m
l
January 31, 2011 3:10:59 PM

It is the only hard drive. It is an internal hard drive (Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive). I have tried a 160GB Hitachi HD just to see if it can detect other HD and it did. Vice versa too I put this Samsung HD into other systems and it is recognized.
m
l
!