Drivers for a pavilion slimline s5213w with the AMD Sempron

willh_76

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
I wiped out Windows 7 and formatted with Windows XP professional and need all the drivers including network to connect to the internet for all updates. It is a HP Pavilion s5213w. Can anyone help with this?
Most everyone wants to charge for the drivers and for tech support. The original windows 7 was a trial version and the disk for the original drivers cannot be located.

"Most everyone wants to charge for the drivers and for tech support"

Well, yes they do if you don't go to the right place - your computer maker's website.

I have just checked what drivers are available and I have to tell you that there are no Windows XP drivers for the
HP Pavilion s5213w
or for any PC in the Pavilion s5200 range. Only Windows 7 & Windows Vista drivers are available for it, and they will definitely not work on Windows XP.

See this: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=4006350&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3999463

willh_76

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
What would be the best, yet least expensive version of Windows 7 (possibly Windows Home Edition or Premium??) to install on this HP Pavilion s5213w. Also, I would like to be able to use this same software purchased on an older model Dell that does have the minimum requirements to run it. However, my older computer is 32 bit and the HP Pavilion Slimline is 64 bit. Will the 32bit run just as well on the 64 bit machine? What are the downfalls/disadvantages?

willh_76

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
What would be the best, yet least expensive version of Windows 7 (possibly Windows Home Edition or Premium??) to install on this HP Pavilion s5213w. Also, I would like to be able to use this same software purchased on an older model Dell that does have the minimum requirements to run it. However, my older computer is 32 bit and the HP Pavilion Slimline is 64 bit. Will the 32bit run just as well on the 64 bit machine? What are the downfalls/disadvantages?