Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Newly Built Computer, only turns on for half a second.

Last response: in Components
July 20, 2010 7:21:47 AM

Hello, well I just built the computer, but when I press power, the case's led flashes for half a second and goes off, and wont come back even if I press the power button again. The fans do not move, and no other lights turn on. I was wondering if it could be anything wrong with an expensive item =X and was wondering may it just be the power supply that is faulty?? Thanks in advance!

More about : newly built computer turns half

July 20, 2010 9:44:09 AM

It's either the power supply, or a power supply adaptor is plugged into something the wrong way, or a jumper is set wrong, or your button wires are in wrong.

I once tried to plug a pcie 6+2 pin adaptor into a 8 (4x2) pin CPU power slot on the motherboard, it would turn on and then power off and I'd have to reset the PSU in order to try it again. That didn't work!
m
l
July 20, 2010 9:46:09 AM

on a side note... The reason I was trying to use the 6+2 pin on the 4x2 pin socket, is because I thought the PSU didn't have any 4 pin adaptor cables.. but thats because I had that specific cord laying over the side of the PC case to keep it out of the way temporarely. Took me 2 days to find it
m
l
Related resources
July 20, 2010 9:47:37 AM

recheck ur power-sw (power button wire) is properly connected to mobo, use motherboards manual...
m
l

Best solution

July 20, 2010 5:03:36 PM

Also read through the no post checklist
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...
July 20, 2010 8:34:47 PM

Thanks, it turns on now, but nothing shows up in monitor =/. All fans running and a few lights on mobo is on.
m
l
July 27, 2010 1:30:30 AM

Best answer selected by darkblue21.
m
l
!