iball8888

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2010
Alright I was wondering what else I would need to have a Pimped PC. Here are the specs.

Antec 900 Full Black Case
Asus M3N72-D
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition 2.6G (Going to overclock to 3.2)
3GB of RAM (Going to 8gb+)
320GB HD (Upgrading to 1T or 1.5T)
DVD Burner (Don't know the maker..not important to me really)
650W PSU
ATI 5770

Currently I have all the fans I need, I am buying a new Heatsink, I don't know which one. Also i have a few blue lights (from the fans) in the case, but I kinda want to make a bluish purple, kinda like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16800888040.

Anybody have ideas on things I should get to pimp it? Also would it be crazy to ask if there are lights that flash or change color to the music or sound that is being played? Also for a normal user with normal speakers (sub and two speakers) is a sound card needed?

tecmo34

Administrator
Instead of "pimping" your case... Why don't you use that money to make system upgrades?... Better CPU, HDD or GPU for starters, which will provide a real benefit to your PC over you bling.

You don't need a sound card for those speakers.

tecmo34

Administrator
Sorry on the GPU... You have listed ATI 9550 (not 5770), so I thought you had a real old card. :)

The original Phenom's were not (are not) the best of quads. You would be better off with a Phenon II X4 955, if you board supports it. Your quad will perform okay, with the benefit of the 3.2 GHz overclock.