1) Should I install the Win 7 on the 1 TB drive (64 MB Cache, SATA 6.0GB/s) or the 640GB drive (32MB Cache, SATA 3.0Gb/s)?
2) The HAF 932 has cables (Front Connectors) coming down into the case. One cable has a HD Audio connector with an extension connector coming off it labeled "AN'97" - I assume I connect one of them (HD Audio or AN'97) to the "Front panel audio connector (10-1 pin AAFP)" on the ASUS P7P55D-E Pro. My question is which to I connect to the mobo?
3) The ASUS P7P55D-E Pro came with 2 SATA 6.0 Gb/s cables. I am going to use one of those with the 1TB SATA 6.0 GB/s drive. Does the cable actually work better than a SATA 3.0 GB/s cable? (Perhaps a dumb question)
1) I would install Windows 7 on the WD Black 640GB hard drive myself and keep the 1TB Black for storage.
2) You want to connect HD Audio since your board supports HighDef audio.
3) You connect the SATA III cable to the 1TB and the SATA II cable to the 640GB drive. The other SATA III cable won't work on the 640 drive. The new SATA III cables have a higher transfer rate to match the newer SATA III drives.
When I purchased the 640GB drive I had it in mind to install the OS on it. However, then I wondered if it was on the faster drive (1TB), would it greatly increase my system's performance, hence my question.
I have installed it on the 1TB, but now I want to move everything to the 640GB drive (I installed other programs too). Is there a way that I can just move everything without having to reinstall? Make a copy?
For some reason I have never heard of Sata III harddrive. The above harddrives will work on same speed as Sata I because the harddrives are not fast enough to saturate the Sata I speed. Sata II or Sata III are used when you have some Raid 0 of very fast SSD's or using the Sandforce SSD's.
Well, not that I know of. But why would you want to? I really thought that a SATA III drive with double the cache would run faster... unless you're intending it for storage?
That is what I am trying to find out. So does anyone know if having the OS on the 6.0 GB/s (1TB) drive would be beneficial? If not, then I am going to put it on the 3.0 GB/s (640GB) drive.
If I do move it, because I have already installed the OS on the 1TB, as well as several other programs, I would like to copy/clone the disc so I do not have to reinstall everything. Can someone direct me what program to do it with? I have been looking online this morning, but I still am not able to figure out how to do that.