Hot Fixes

MS Knowledge base has identified that I need a hotfix to fix a problem I have
with switching users - keyboard layout is corrupt - however, since windows
came with this computer they want me to pay $35.00 to contact them - does
everyone see why Microsoft (I have supported them) is hated so much? Does
anyone know where I might find the dang hotfix?

If you call in as directed and ask SPECIFICALLY for the
MSKB#, and that you are experiencing the EXACT problem
outlined in it, they should not charge you for it.

That has been my experience, anyway.

"woodiah" <woodiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Knowledge base has identified that I need a hotfix to fix a problem I
have
> with switching users - keyboard layout is corrupt - however, since windows
> came with this computer they want me to pay $35.00 to contact them - does
> everyone see why Microsoft (I have supported them) is hated so much? Does
> anyone know where I might find the dang hotfix?

which hotfix are you looking for?

"woodiah" <woodiah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> MS Knowledge base has identified that I need a hotfix to fix a problem I
> have
> with switching users - keyboard layout is corrupt - however, since windows
> came with this computer they want me to pay $35.00 to contact them - does
> everyone see why Microsoft (I have supported them) is hated so much? Does
> anyone know where I might find the dang hotfix?

peter

If the data base has discovered that you need a hotfix, then the charge will
be waived if you explain that when requesting it.

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada,