Solved

SY-P4I Fire Dragon m/b

Hello,
m/b has intel i845, bus clock 100 mhz, 400 mhz FSB: memory ddr266, pc2100: cpu: P4 1.8, 8kb primary, 256kb secondary. Question is: will replacing cpu to 2.6 and 512 produce noticeable improvement? If yes, how do I recognize specs on a replacement? Not interested in oc, have not progressed beyond a beginners license. Thank you for all comments.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about fire dragon
  1. I would think it would be a fairly noticeable improvement but instead of wasting money on upgrading an old P4 rig, you are probably better off saving up for a new one.
  2. logainofhades said:
    I would think it would be a fairly noticeable improvement but instead of wasting money on upgrading an old P4 rig, you are probably better off saving up for a new one.

Your comment is appreciated, however as a 76 yo cancer survivor I think twice about buying green bananas. If I knew exactly which cpu I have I would be more comfortable about replacing it. I guess all the specs are on the back which I've not seen. All my components were purchased based on the recommendations in the Thompson's first book and I paid a tech to put it together and load 98se. Have had no issues with it since early 2002.
  3. Best answer
    CPUID's cpu-z program would be able to give you a pretty good idea exactly what is in your current system.
  4. Thank you for your help! Info gleaned from Intel today has convinced me that there are no options concerning the cpu upgrade. The i845 chipset is also a limiting factor. How do you like your Gigabyte product? Seems that it and Asustek are the big sellers nowdays. Thanks again.
  5. I like gigabyte products. This is the second gigabyte board I have owned and neither gave me any problems.
  6. Best answer selected by casey_98.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs