monitor will not go into standby mode

Hi,

I'm running WinXPSP2 and just upgraded my tft monitor to a 17" Digimate. My
previous 15" monitor went into standby mode after however many minutes I
told it to. This one will not, even though I've entered all the appropriate
settings in the Power Management section. I also tried installing the latest
drivers for my motherboard. My BIOS is also the most recent available.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about monitor standby mode

    Usually stand by isnt available is the drivers for the display adapter need
    updating
    or simply need to be installed,the monitor usually runs off microsoft drivers
    included with xp.

    "David Leslie" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running WinXPSP2 and just upgraded my tft monitor to a 17" Digimate. My
    > previous 15" monitor went into standby mode after however many minutes I
    > told it to. This one will not, even though I've entered all the appropriate
    > settings in the Power Management section. I also tried installing the latest
    > drivers for my motherboard. My BIOS is also the most recent available.
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Disable Power featurs in BIOS - i.e. let xp handle it.
    Otherwise, a clean install will cure it; it's tech savy but's fast.
    Michael

    "David Leslie" <dwleslie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm running WinXPSP2 and just upgraded my tft monitor to a 17" Digimate.
    > My previous 15" monitor went into standby mode after however many minutes
    > I told it to. This one will not, even though I've entered all the
    > appropriate settings in the Power Management section. I also tried
    > installing the latest drivers for my motherboard. My BIOS is also the most
    > recent available. Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks!

Configuration Monitors Windows XP