Pc cooling...a new way?

tricky tahmid

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I have a pc with 1 case fan. I want to cool it up a bit more. So my friend suggested a new way. He said i should open a back plate under the gpu so cool air can get in. What do ya guys think about this? :D

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
well, that can allow for more dust to get into the case, which is never good.

I would go with the old-fasioned way of getting more case fans, better cooling solution for my CPU with better thermal compound as well as immaculate cable management, this should do the trick.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i think having only one fan in there most cases will have adequit ventilation to expel all air incoming so all you'll acomplish more than likely is people wondering what you took out of your case or a placebo effect of feeling like you accomplished makign your computer run better... while giving a new opening for dust to enter the case >_<

I would get rid of the case altogether.
Just put the motherboard on a wooden (or other non-conductive materialed) table. Then get one of those cheap white room fans and aim it right at your motherboard to the air hits all the parts. Even better if said fan is an air conditioner!

tricky tahmid

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010

ha ha i was thinking just that...the killer boss...DUST!

popatim

Titan
Your case is not airtight so dust will get in, its just a matter of how long you can go between cleanings. I run with my sidecover completely off and vacuum it out a few times a year which is super easy - slide it forward a little and vacuum away. You probably have to pull the front cover and then the side cover or worse (unscrew the side from the rear - yuk!)

Every method has its positive and negative attributes.

tricky tahmid

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010

hmmm...i don't mind to clean it a several times a year...:)