Any updates on bulldozer?

werxen

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I have been outta the CPU scene for awhile. There seems to be nothing new since the p2 6 cores. Anyway is there any news on the upcoming AMD arch, Bulldozer? I checked wiki and it said that it ranges from 10-100 watt TDP.... which is friggin amazing. Any news besides that?

Not that im aware of. AMD been dead quite for a while on that. Too quite.......... :heink:

For upcoming cpu arches, there is news about Intel Sandy bridge will be released this year, 4Q instead of 1Q 2011.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/sandy-bridge-nehalem-core-huron-river,10863.html

Beyond that, nothing big has happened in the cpu area. Seams like AMD is laying low for now. Waitting to announce something at the right time. :heink:

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

I'm Looking forward to the Phenom IIx6 1045t that is 6 cores and 95Watts coming out 3Q/2010. Bulldozer is there highest end chip at around 100watts seems unbelievable! Is it Die shrunk on something smaller than .32nm germanium to .28nm or .22nm. Anyways $200 bucks seems like a steal with their new phenom II.
I'd see if any of those transformers contructions bots kknow anything about that :D