Asus, Compaq and IBM laptops - where to buy?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 3, 2004 2:41:01 PM

Hello everobody!

Could you recommend any internet shops, which are quite safe if I'm
interested in buying brand new laptop?
I'm mainly interested in Asus and Compaq models.

Thanks in advance for reply.

Olqo
October 3, 2004 8:17:25 PM

Don't know about Asus.

Compaqs are darn good.
IBM's are great.
I worked on both and like the sturdy construction & feel of the IBM and their
tech support much better

Buy IBM direct at ibm.com

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:41:01 +0200, "olqo" <olqo@SAYNOMORETOSPAM.poczta.onet.pl>
wrote:

>Hello everobody!
>
>Could you recommend any internet shops, which are quite safe if I'm
>interested in buying brand new laptop?
>I'm mainly interested in Asus and Compaq models.
>
>Thanks in advance for reply.
>
>Olqo

October 3, 2004 8:17:26 PM

Or check out Bill Morrow @ www.thinkpads.com great prices on IBM plus no tax
if outside Florida.Bought a T42p and am very pleased from Bill.

Bob
"Mike" <NOSPAM@nono.com> wrote in message
| Don't know about Asus.
|
| Compaqs are darn good.
| IBM's are great.
| I worked on both and like the sturdy construction & feel of the IBM and
their
| tech support much better
|
| Buy IBM direct at ibm.com
|

| On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 10:41:01 +0200, "olqo"
<olqo@SAYNOMORETOSPAM.poczta.onet.pl>
| wrote:
|
| >Hello everobody!
| >
| >Could you recommend any internet shops, which are quite safe if I'm
| >interested in buying brand new laptop?
| >I'm mainly interested in Asus and Compaq models.
| >
| >Thanks in advance for reply.
| >
| >Olqo

a b D Laptop
October 4, 2004 6:08:04 AM

"olqo" <olqo@SAYNOMORETOSPAM.poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
> Hello everobody!
>
> Could you recommend any internet shops, which are quite safe if I'm
> interested in buying brand new laptop?
> I'm mainly interested in Asus and Compaq models.
>
> Thanks in advance for reply.

In the U.S., Costco.com is the best place to buy Compaq and HP notebooks,
unless you have a friend who's an employee or retiree of HP, or know someone
with a corporate discount (and there are a lot of these around).

Asus is harder to find, as only smaller shops carry them.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 5, 2004 7:46:53 AM

olqo wrote:
> Hello everobody!
>
> Could you recommend any internet shops, which are quite safe if I'm
> interested in buying brand new laptop?
> I'm mainly interested in Asus and Compaq models.
>
> Thanks in advance for reply.

I ordered my Asus M6Ne from www.geared2play.com, they've provided great
service and were very helpful when I had questions after the sale.

--
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun

Big thanks for these links!

Best regards,
Olqo
!