Netgear wireless cable modem gateway cg814wg v2

aigit1981

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Hello,
I have a problem with the Netgear CG814WG V2 with cable internet. I have four computers: two desktops and two wireless laptops. Comcast helped me to generate password for wireless connection and I tried to enter it when I was asked to connect to my wireless network: spent almost 12 hours, but coudn't get wireless laptops to connect. Comcast refusing to talk to me since I'm no longer renting their product, but bought my own.
Please, advise me on easiest way out of this situation: throw away my new modem and go back to rent from comcast, again?

If you go back into the router's menus where you set the password, can you take it out and drop security for a few minutes while you make sure you can connect without it? Then, instead of generating one, enter one of your own making and make sure you note it down elsewhere. Close the settings menus and restart Internet Explorer.

Then try again to connect wirelessl. Remeber whaichever password you enter in WPA or WPA2 security will be case sensitive and any characters in WEP will be hexadecimal so they will only be a to f and zero to nine with all the possible confusion about I and O taken out.
[/#000ff]