Looking for a high quality cheep pci-x video card old style

rimichael

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Hello,
I need to upgrade an old IBM xSeries server that has the ol'e 8mb video on-board....any sugestions....Money is a huge factor....I'm broke...LoL! I have some great new boards to trade.

rimichael

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
server is an Ibm eserver 235 an I'd like to run some games that are out there ...I'm a flight simulator guy ....I might be asking too much but I love the redundency of these things. I have 5 73 gb hd's running and have been running vista believe it or not without problems even with 8mgs for video. I would die if there was a trip card for three moniters but I like my house and don't want to take out a second mort. My pocket wimpers about 30-50 bucks....am i asking to little?...Thanks for your input...Mike

rimichael

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Thanks for your input...I've seen some cards as high as $600 bucks...talk about having a heart attack...I could buy four of these computers for that price ! LOL! I'll check into that card it sound like a winner so far.....Mike

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009

Good call, didn't know they made those!

rimichael

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
Hi folks...I just wanted to take the time to thank you all for your help in finding a video card. I stumbled on a ATI Sapphire r 7000 32 bit ddr pci vga/tvo/dvi-1 and let me tell ya something...its no tv but compared to the old 8mb vid its like night and day. I figure it will work until i get a little exra cash in my pocket to buy one of the other cards you guys told me about. I got this card for 8 bucks brand new...what a deal. Again thanks for all the input...youv'e been great!....Mike