GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
If you have two network Chips intergrated on the Mainboard can you set one as Send Full Duplex and the other one as Receive Full Duplex? Thats would be double the bandwith as using one as full duplex. I just thought of that when I read different reviews of SLI or Crossfire. How fast would 2 Killer Nic Cards be in a combined duel mode? They cost around $150-$200 almost expensive as a GPU card and the Same Price as an Ageia Physx PPU!

I checked into that awhile ago and your bandwith would stay the same since your still on same line.
I don't know if you used two broadband (two different ISP accounts) if that would change things.
I do know that if you have a home network and use one nic for the network and the other for Internet connection that would be beneficial.
I googled it awhile ago out of curiosity myself and I definitely am no expert.

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
The GA-X58A-UD7 has just that, I haven't used on my home network as they would just split my bandwidth with no increase. (300Mbs at home)
If I had this computer at work and had two lines into the network I would double the bandwidth.

GunBladeType-T

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

Well with Optical Carrier Lines the bandwith starts at around 50Mbps and can be enhanced etc... Also if you network computers Lan like set up a local internet cafe intranet isn't it more faster having 1 card send information at 1000mbps and the other one receive at 1000Mbps. That equals 2000Mbps rather than having one card at full duplex with 500Mbps receive and 500Mbps Send! :bounce: