k3v1n_123

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
Hi, i recently built my new computer and when i booted up, i would wait for a few seconds and when the gigabyte splash screen shows up with the press tab for post, f12 for bios, etc, it would then immediately go to the the booting operating system screen which would end in a failure as i am only benchtesting here with no cd rom, harddrive, os, etc. I just want to go to my post screen and see my temps and if the mobo recognizes all of my parts. I shouldnt have to have an os to see the bios and post should i? Sorry for the stupid question but this is my very first build. Thanks for any replies

specs:

antec 900 case
hyper 212 plus hsf
i5 750 processor
gigabyte p55 ga usb3 mobo
bfg geoforce 210 512mb gpu
ripjaws 4gb ddr3 1600 ram
asus dvd burner
western digital caviar black 640gb hd
corsair tx750 psu

Alvin Smith

Distinguished
Well ... On MY old mobo, you just hit the [DEL] key, when you first see any text ...
... it will then hang at BIOS ...

Try reading the mobo manual ... [F1] ... [DEL] ... [F3] ... [F5] .... [F8] ... try them all ... early. (barring more specific instructions).

You didn't think I was going to dnld the manual and read it FOR you ? Did you?

= Al =

Gigabyte uses the [DELETE] key to enter the BIOS.

You do not need a keyboard, mouse, monitor, or drives to successfully POST (a single short beep).

You will need a monitor and a keyboard and a completely working video card to actually see the BIOS screens.

Yes, it is possible to successfully POST with a dead video card. The BIOS POST routines can only test the video interface on the motherboard and video card. It cannot test the the inner circuits that actually put the video on the monitor.