9800gt fan problems

boden08

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
hi all,
my bfg 8800gts 640mb wentpop the other month and bfg replaced it with a 9800gt 1gb, the problem is the fan. After a week or so i started to get a loud clicking sound ( sounds like a wire is touching the fan ), i opened my case and pushed the fan and it stopped. The desk i have has a space where the tower goes and i have a cm fan on the side of the case with the air flow going out. when the case is out of the desk the noise dont happen and when i put the case back in to my desk after a min or so the noise starts to happen and my temps go up slightly on my gpu.

I have a cm 355 elite with a 120mm fan on fromt 120mm fan on rear and 80mm on the side. does any one know y this would be happening as i dont have great knowledge with air flow on cases.

thanks all

boden08

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
thanks for the reply seogoat,
nothing is loose in the tower i checked it all, i know it is the gpu, but if i leave it out of my desk and just on the floor the noise dont happen but when it is in my desk it has about 2 inch of space between the tower side and the desk pannel.

it does have a guarantee but i went with out a gpu for 7 months as bfg messed up so much with sending another one out and i ended up with this card, and i am in the uk and they are in the us, i would have to pay for p and p and go with out a gpu agian. but the noise only happens when the tower is in the desk, apart from than when its on the floor it is silent. and gpu fan is smooth.