Sign in with
Your question
Solved

CPU upgrading guide

Last response: in CPUs
July 21, 2010 6:35:52 AM

Hi all, could someone please point me in the direction of a CPU upgrading guide or video for beginners that you would recommend. Thanks heaps

More about : cpu upgrading guide

a b à CPUs
July 21, 2010 6:52:50 AM

What's the question, which CPU to pick or how to physically install it?
m
l
July 21, 2010 7:18:10 AM

nah man there are heaps of guides on here as to which cpu to choose i'm talking about physically installing and any software/bios stuff that you need to do.
m
l
Related resources
July 21, 2010 1:30:52 PM

Quote:
Read the directions that come with it.

there is no software bios stuff you need to do unless you have an older board and a newer cpu. In that case you simply update the bios with the old cpu before you install the new cpu.

Seriously though, you've heard of Google?

http://www.google.com/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UT...

thanks for your sarcasm really helpful...yes i had goggled it but was looking for a toms guide and yes i'm replacing an old athlon 64... socket 939 with an X2
m
l

Best solution

a c 133 à CPUs
July 21, 2010 1:37:07 PM

metallifux said:
thanks for your sarcasm really helpful...yes i had goggled it but was looking for a toms guide and yes i'm replacing an old athlon 64... socket 939 with an X2

I don't beleive Tom's has an actual guide on installing a CPU, but its really not all that diffcult.

• 1st Make sure the bios on the motherboard has the latest bios before uninstalling the CPU.
  • 2nd Remove heat sink and CPU clean all olpd thermal compound off the heat sink before reinstalling it.
  • 3rd Install CPU make sure you use thermal compound and as long as the new CPU is supported by the motherboard you should be good to go.
    July 24, 2010 8:42:05 AM

Quote:
    where is the sarcasm??

If you read the directions that come with the cpu, you will know how to install it. If you think that's sarcastice...well....too bad I guess.

second hand CPU replacing an old 939 athlon 64. No instructions
    m
    l
    July 24, 2010 8:42:24 AM

Best answer selected by Metallifux.
    m
    l
    July 25, 2010 2:23:48 PM

still being really helpful thanks zip
    m
    l
    !