Lost access to CDRW

January 23, 2005 2:31:02 PM

Somehow I cannot burn a CD since installing my new Ipod. Prior to
installation I was able to right click a file and an option "Copy (or Burn)
to CD" would be in the menu. It is not there now. If I drag a file to the
cd drive, it says it is not accessible. When I insert a blank CD, RealOne
media starts. I can't burn a CD from there either. The CDRW works fine when
reading and music or data CD. I have restored the system prior to the
installation of the IPod and nothing changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shayne

More about : lost access cdrw

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 12:11:18 PM

Shayne <Shayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Somehow I cannot burn a CD since installing my new Ipod. Prior to
>installation I was able to right click a file and an option "Copy (or Burn)
>to CD" would be in the menu. It is not there now. If I drag a file to the
>cd drive, it says it is not accessible. When I insert a blank CD, RealOne
>media starts. I can't burn a CD from there either. The CDRW works fine when
>reading and music or data CD. I have restored the system prior to the
>installation of the IPod and nothing changed. Any suggestions?

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129) and "CD-R Drive or CD-RW
Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529).

--
(tm)
!