Lost access to CDRW

Somehow I cannot burn a CD since installing my new Ipod. Prior to
installation I was able to right click a file and an option "Copy (or Burn)
to CD" would be in the menu. It is not there now. If I drag a file to the
cd drive, it says it is not accessible. When I insert a blank CD, RealOne
media starts. I can't burn a CD from there either. The CDRW works fine when
reading and music or data CD. I have restored the system prior to the
installation of the IPod and nothing changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shayne
1 answer Last reply
More about lost access cdrw

    Shayne <Shayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Somehow I cannot burn a CD since installing my new Ipod. Prior to
    >installation I was able to right click a file and an option "Copy (or Burn)
    >to CD" would be in the menu. It is not there now. If I drag a file to the
    >cd drive, it says it is not accessible. When I insert a blank CD, RealOne
    >media starts. I can't burn a CD from there either. The CDRW works fine when
    >reading and music or data CD. I have restored the system prior to the
    >installation of the IPod and nothing changed. Any suggestions?

    See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
    CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129) and "CD-R Drive or CD-RW
    Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Burner CD-Rom Windows XP