gabethegr8

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
i have this old aspire e360 with a FC51GM motherboard.Looked on the Internet and it appear it is the same with the 6150K8Ma-8EKRS from foxconn.
My problem is: as i tried to flash the BIOS to get it unlocked( the BIOS version from Foxconn) i got this "BIOS is write protected" msg. I tried both CD and floppy but it didn't work.
Also it worked just fine when i flashed the bios with the Acer version.
First time i tried it gave me the "BIOS lock string don't match " (not exactly these words but you get the idea). Both times i did it in DOS.
I do not care if i kill the mobo.I want to get the BIOS unlocked so i can over-clock the CPU.
Help most appreciated!

You can't overclock with an oem board by acer, dell, etc. You may end up with a dead board if you keep trying to flash the bios. I would sell the foxconn board and change boards and upgrade your windows version, since the original version that came with your system won't work with a new board.

gabethegr8

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011

10x for the replay.The thing is as i mentioned, i do not care if it kills the mobo.I found that some dude succeeded in flashing the bios with a Foxconn bios version.But that was back in '06. And he said that he was successful and did not mention about the way he did it. that's what i am trying to find here on the forum.Maybe someone can tell me the way......