Sign in with
Your question

Belkin F7D1101 Adapter not finding my network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 17, 2010 11:47:42 PM

I recently bought Belkin N150 Adapter. I have a Belkin Enhanced 'G' Wireless router, and I already have 1 adapter connected to the router. I have the moden and the router connected and close to the main computer (it's not seperate). The computer that are connected to the router by a USB adapter, is a Windows Vista. The new adapter I'm trying to get working is a old 2004 Windows XP. It installs, I install the drivers, then I double click to connect to a network. No network shows up, not even mine or other networks. My other computer using the same brand USB adapter did fine finding the network. There is no range probelm between the computer and the router. So why is it not finding any networks, and is there a way to connect directly to the network?
The Specs of my XP computer is:
Windows XP SP2
512 MB RAM
Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz
May 18, 2010 6:41:20 AM

RuneDunes said:
I recently bought Belkin N150 Adapter. I have a Belkin Enhanced 'G' Wireless router, and I already have 1 adapter connected to the router. I have the moden and the router connected and close to the main computer (it's not seperate). The computer that are connected to the router by a USB adapter, is a Windows Vista. The new adapter I'm trying to get working is a old 2004 Windows XP. It installs, I install the drivers, then I double click to connect to a network. No network shows up, not even mine or other networks. My other computer using the same brand USB adapter did fine finding the network. There is no range probelm between the computer and the router. So why is it not finding any networks, and is there a way to connect directly to the network?
The Specs of my XP computer is:
Windows XP SP2
512 MB RAM
Intel Celeron 2.4 GHz

[#0005ff]It could be that your wireless security is set at level WPA2 and some of the older adapters aren't able to recognise that level. You may get around it in XP by adding the network and its security manually in the Preferred networks section but if WPA2 doesn't appear in the drop down box of options, I'm afraid you need a more modern adapter. You might also benefit from updating to SP3 and all the subsequent security patches.[/#000ff]
m
l
August 17, 2010 2:28:31 AM

It isn't the adapter not being modern - it's a 802.11n wireless adapter and supports everything but WPS. I'm having the same issue - the adapter doesn't work with any of my Windows 7 machines with a D-Link DIR-601 router. But everything else, from my new 802.11n laptop to my three year old 802.11g laptop to my iPhone and my Droid X can connect to the network with no issues at all.
m
l
!