Sign in with
Your question

Please note that I am a beginner in anything computers. I have a question for yo

Last response: in Windows XP
February 3, 2013 4:22:33 PM

I have an older laptop Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000 with windows XP. My internet connection is thru a d-link router but I can not get any connection on this laptop. It says I have a Toshiba wireless LAN Mini PCI Card that is not connected. I have NO IDEA what this is. I saw something about having to get a USB receiver, also I do not know what this is either. Can some one with patience help me to figure out how to get a wireless internet connection with this old laptop. Thank you all
February 3, 2013 9:36:05 PM

Well...there are a couple things i'd like you to do. Firstly based on what i'm hearing, you perhaps
1) Do not have the drivers installed correctly or at all
2) Have the internet connection disabled in some way
3) Have no compatible Wi-Fi connection around.

NOTE: Drivers are necessary to get functionality out of various parts on your laptop. They usually come bundled with the laptop or pre-installed.

What you should do is to get the original CD that came with the router and install the drivers or Go to one of the following websites I found and install the relevant drivers.
1) Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000 Drivers
2) Second Page for Drivers

It would be good if you could take some screenshots of what you see when you try to connect.
m
l
February 14, 2013 1:11:24 AM

:hello: 
Thank you so much for replying to my question. I must be honest and tell you that I gave up on it cuz no one replied to my question and I was so :fou:  frustrated trying to figure out what was wrong that I just put it away for another day. When I find the courage to get back to working on it, I will try what you suggested. I did actually try using the disk that came with my d-link router but still no go. When I do get back to work on it and try what you have suggested and should I still have any problems, would you mind if I contacted you again for help? If that is ok, then maybe you can explain to me how to do a screen shot so I can show you the error message, by the way it is in french??? Don't know if you understand any french, if not I can translate for you. Thanks again :) 

dons20 said:
Well...there are a couple things i'd like you to do. Firstly based on what i'm hearing, you perhaps
1) Do not have the drivers installed correctly or at all
2) Have the internet connection disabled in some way
3) Have no compatible Wi-Fi connection around.

NOTE: Drivers are necessary to get functionality out of various parts on your laptop. They usually come bundled with the laptop or pre-installed.

What you should do is to get the original CD that came with the router and install the drivers or Go to one of the following websites I found and install the relevant drivers.
1) Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000 Drivers
2) Second Page for Drivers

It would be good if you could take some screenshots of what you see when you try to connect.

m
l
!