Sign in with
Your question

HELP!! Turion 64 on Desktop

Last response: in CPUs
July 21, 2010 12:50:48 PM

Hello All.
I have a Jetway K8M8MS with a VIA K8M800 North Bridge Chipset with A03 BIOS. I have been reading various post about the Athlon 64 or Turion 64 used with success on a desktop board. I emailed Jetway tech support and they told me that the mobiles were not compatible. The MB has an 800MHz chipset. There are BIOS updates available. Why wouldn't the mobiles work on this board? If they do work, which processor models are the best overclockers? I have PC3200 RAM.
Thanks in Advance.

More about : turion desktop

a c 131 à CPUs
July 21, 2010 6:46:10 PM

You will only be able to use ML-XX and MT-xx turion 64 models because they are the only ones that are socket 754.

I emailed Jetway tech support and they told me that the mobiles were not compatible.
If jetway says they aren't but people have had success stories then make sure you have the same bios revision as those people and use the same processor model, otherwise it will be a coin toss.

If they do work, which processor models are the best overclockers?
It is unlikely anyone has tried to overclock a mobile processor. So ask in as many places as possible to find those few people.

I have PC3200 RAM.
So what? If the ram won't clock to a higher frequency stable, just reduce the ram multiplier in the bios.
If you don't have such an option, you might be limited by your ram.
m
l
July 21, 2010 8:21:55 PM

Thanks Enzo Matrix
I have been looking at the ML and MT versions. From what I have read, The ML-37 seems to be a good performer. Those results were on different MBs mostly with nForce3 chipsets, some KT800.
I will continue to look.
Thanks Again..
m
l
!