Sign in with
Your question

I7 930, ASUS P6X58D-E wont post

Last response: in Systems
May 16, 2010 6:04:26 PM

Plugging in the PSU to the mobo causes a solid red light on the mobo. Trying to start the computer via the case power button gives no response. Trying to start the computer via the red led mobo button, only starts the cpu and psu fans for a fraction of a second then stop responding. Tapping the red button again gives no response. When I reset the PSU steps 1 through 3 happen all over again.

This is very frustrating as I am sure all of you can imagine.

750 Watt TX Corsair
GTS 250 1GB
6GB Corsair Dominator (only have 1 stick in atm)
150 GB Velociraptor

Please help, thanks!

-Christian
May 16, 2010 6:22:01 PM

Update!
I unplugged the Reset PW cord and now the Case Power button works. I also unplugged the 2 case fans from the mobo and I get a solid quarter of a second of power before no response (up from a tenth of a second.)

-Christian
m
l
May 16, 2010 7:09:04 PM

One thing I noticed was the 24 pin power cord is missing one of its prongs, anyone out there have a corsair 750 tx watt and can see if they have the same "configuration"? I might have found the culprit!

-Christian
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2010 3:25:30 PM

Just found out the PSU wiring is working as intended. Could still use some help. Thanks.

-Christian
m
l
May 18, 2010 12:52:11 PM

I solved the failure to start up problem. Turns out I was plugging in the 24 pin power cord + the 4 pin power cord. When I unplugged the 4 pin, it worked. My next problem is the video card is not being recognized. Anyone have some simple fixes?

My motherboard does not have an onboard video card.

Thanks for all of the help!

-Christian
m
l
December 9, 2010 6:56:42 AM

Hi Christianstyles,

Was your issue ever resolved? I'm having the same problem you're having (had) with a new machine i'm building now.

Thanks
m
l
December 19, 2010 9:10:17 PM

christianstyles said:
I solved the failure to start up problem. Turns out I was plugging in the 24 pin power cord + the 4 pin power cord. When I unplugged the 4 pin, it worked. My next problem is the video card is not being recognized. Anyone have some simple fixes?

My motherboard does not have an onboard video card.

Thanks for all of the help!

-Christian

me too HELP PLEASE !
m
l
December 21, 2010 3:33:04 AM

Sval said:
me too HELP PLEASE !

Hi Sval,

It turns out I was plugging in a PCI-e 6+2 Pin instead of a CPU 12V 4+4 Pin. Just in case, make sure you're using the correct sources/cords.

X_X

Good luck
m
l
!