Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Two Graphics Cards/Two Monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 15, 2010 6:40:29 PM

If I want to run two monitors, can I put two graphics cards on my motherboard and run one off each? Would the cards have to be the same?
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
April 15, 2010 8:42:35 PM

You can put two monitors into the single card.
Score
a c 1410 U Graphics card
a c 103 C Monitor
a c 1163 V Motherboard
April 15, 2010 8:52:42 PM

The cards don't have to be the same. Whether you can put them in your motherboard is depending on if you have the slots for them.
Score
Related resources
April 15, 2010 11:14:23 PM

To put them in the same card, they would need to have different connections, is that correct? Because there is only one DVI port on the motherboard, I would assume.

For two different cards, would you be able to do a dual monitor setup, having the mouse be able to move from one screen to the other?
Score
a c 130 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
April 15, 2010 11:15:37 PM

You're talking about using the onboard graphics + a separate GPU?

You'd just plug two monitors into the GPU. Onboard graphics doesn't handle 2 cards; at least I've never seen it that way.
Score
April 17, 2010 11:32:48 PM

Well, I would either us the onboard and a GPU or two separate GPUs.

To put two monitors in the same card, they would need to have different connections, is that correct? Because there is only one DVI port on each card, I would assume.

For two different cards, would you be able to do a dual monitor setup, having the mouse be able to move from one screen to the other? Or would each monitor be independent?
Score

Best solution

a c 130 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
a b V Motherboard
April 18, 2010 1:09:37 AM

Each monitor is independent when you plug two different monitors into two different cards.

You can get a 2x DVI card easily.
April 18, 2010 11:53:04 AM

Best answer selected by ammhardware.
Score
April 30, 2010 6:39:04 PM

I know you're not really supposed to post to a solved thread, but I had another question on this. If I plug one monitor into the DVI port on the motherboard and one into the DVI port on my graphics card, will it run in dual monitor mode? Does my motherboard have to specifically support dual monitor?
Score
February 1, 2013 11:36:25 PM

Most cards have a VGA and A DVI you only need one
Score
!