Sign in with
Your question

$900 First Gaming Build

Last response: in Systems
May 16, 2010 9:35:39 PM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within 1 month

BUDGET RANGE: $800-$1000 Before / After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Solely gaming looking for it to last a while with room to upgrade. I own a MBP for all other needs.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor (Asus VH242), Speakers (Logitech Z-5500 or X-540), maybe Keyboard and Mouse

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: England
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Misco (UK version of Tigerdirect), overclockers.co.uk

PARTS PREFERENCES: None

OVERCLOCKING: Not something I'd be looking into on my first build

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Whilst my budget range says $800-$1000, I live in the UK. In general components in the UK are more expensive than the US, the following build is £585/$870ish but might cost less were I to buy it in the US. Just something to bare in mind if it seems as though I'm not getting much for my money (because compared to you guys in the US...I'm not :)  ). This is my first homebuild, hopefully everything works together :??: 

Here it is:

AMD Athlon X4 635
Asus Crosshair III
XFX Radeon HD5770 1GB
Crucial 4GB (2 X 2GB Kit) PC10600 DDR3 RAM -- Not sure if this is compatible. Memory is the main section where I'm unclear on what means what.
LiteOn 24x DVD±RW ReWriter SATA - (Black)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB 3.5 SATA
Generic Miditower black with 500W Powersupply

That's it. Optical drive, Hard Drive and Case are all cheap and generic.

Any and all input is appreciated!
Cheers, Sven.

More about : 900 gaming build

May 17, 2010 12:18:48 AM

I would keep the case but see if you can ditch that power supply for a better brand like corsair. I can't see the websites you preferred from my cell phone. Also you can find better memory out there. Corsair or g.skill. Everything else on the build looks solid.
!