New build compiled need advice by today

Status
Not open for further replies.

mltno

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
This pc will be mostly used for bad company 2 as well as any newer releases of games down the road, with possibly some encoding of blu rays to mkv files. Im beginning to feel though in this setup i can save money because i am doing overkill with processor.
I do plan to overclock. If it makes a difference it would be nice if i could use one screen to play a game then another screen for like watching a movie or so.

Purchased AMD Phenom II X6 1055T & MSI 890GXM-G65 totalling $242 after taxes and is ready for pickup today being the last day

Graphic Card - HD5850 seems necessary to be able to max current games.

PSU - Corsair 650tx as it is cheaper then 550tx so might as well get a few more wattage availability

For cooler to overclock would the Cooler Master Hyper 212 be good enough ?

For ram i am looking at this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277&Tpk=N82E16820231%20277

Case will be using Antec P180 i have from current build.

Would my monitors of viewsonic VX922 19inch 2ms 1280x1024 and possibly Samsung LNS3251d 32 inch 1366x768 be sufficient or should i sell the 19 inch with any recommendations from someone on any good deals on some monitors.

Solution
If everything there fits your budget, it's a great build.
The 6-core may be overkill bit is way worth it since:
1. You intend to overclock.
2. It comes with the motherboard and after taxes is still only $242

I've heard good things about the hyper 212. I've also heard good things about the OCZ Vendetta II. The latter being usually cheaper and having a mail in rebate.

Good RAM but if you intend to game and watch movies at the same time... Well, get that 2x2GB kit now, and if anything doesn't work out, get second kit.

Why are you asking if the monitors will be sufficient? It's a matter of personal opinion...
If everything there fits your budget, it's a great build.
The 6-core may be overkill bit is way worth it since:
1. You intend to overclock.
2. It comes with the motherboard and after taxes is still only $242

I've heard good things about the hyper 212. I've also heard good things about the OCZ Vendetta II. The latter being usually cheaper and having a mail in rebate.

Good RAM but if you intend to game and watch movies at the same time... Well, get that 2x2GB kit now, and if anything doesn't work out, get second kit.

Why are you asking if the monitors will be sufficient? It's a matter of personal opinion...

Solution

mltno

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
Thanks!
If an x4 955 + msi motherboard was available for $55 less would the premium of the x6 be beneficial

With 6 cores would it be possible to encode and game at the same time ?

The monitors i ask because its been a few years since i bought this one and didnt know if there was any quality or something beneficial i would notice in difference while gaming with upgraded monitor.

I would take the x6. From what I have read, it can overclock as well as the 1090t. Worth the price.

Of course it would. You could do that with one core. Albeit, it would be very slow. I'm not sure how many cores BC2 can utilize. If I were you, I would find out how many cores I need before the framerate drops and assign that many to the game, then the rest to encoding.

Hmm. Exactly how long ago? And which one will you be gaming on?
If this is it:
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18153&vpn=VX922&manufacture=ViewSonic

Looks find to me. No real advantages getting a new one yet besides resolution.

mltno

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
I would try to game on both mostly on 19 inch. I think it was a couple years ago, have system parts narrowed down just needing to make sure ram i have selected will run at 1600 because ive read reviews of some people not being able to even after manual settings
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS