Possible TR7 Screenshot/News

I haven't seen anybody post about this here, so here goes. At the
website Lara Croft World, http://www.laracroftworld.nl/, there is some
mentioning of news (oddly dated 07/08/02) talking about Crystal Dynamics.
Unfortunately, this site is NOT in English so I have no idea what it is
talking about. However, in the title of the news it says "Eerste screenshot
Angel of Darkness II van Crystal Dynamics." Below is a weird picture of a
guy who looks like a severe drug addict at best. Not really a screenshot
from a game but a rendered picture. Can anyone confirm if this really has
anything to do with the upcoming TR game?

cjufnf

"cjufnf" <nothankyou@nothankyou.com> wrote in message
> I haven't seen anybody post about this here, so here goes. At the
> website Lara Croft World, http://www.laracroftworld.nl/, there is some
> mentioning of news (oddly dated 07/08/02) talking about Crystal Dynamics.
> Unfortunately, this site is NOT in English so I have no idea what it is
> talking about. However, in the title of the news it says "Eerste
screenshot
> Angel of Darkness II van Crystal Dynamics." Below is a weird picture of a
> guy who looks like a severe drug addict at best. Not really a screenshot
> from a game but a rendered picture. Can anyone confirm if this really has
> anything to do with the upcoming TR game?
>
> cjufnf

Whoa! A little update. The picture is of Kurtis Trent and he looks TERRIBLE
to say the least.

cjufnf

"cjufnf" <nothankyou@nothankyou.com> schreef in bericht
> I haven't seen anybody post about this here, so here goes. At the
> website Lara Croft World, http://www.laracroftworld.nl/, there is some
> mentioning of news (oddly dated 07/08/02) talking about Crystal Dynamics.
> Unfortunately, this site is NOT in English so I have no idea what it is
> talking about. However, in the title of the news it says "Eerste
screenshot
> Angel of Darkness II van Crystal Dynamics." Below is a weird picture of a
> guy who looks like a severe drug addict at best. Not really a screenshot
> from a game but a rendered picture. Can anyone confirm if this really has
> anything to do with the upcoming TR game?
>
> cjufnf

Dutch site. Will translate, just a sec...

"Crystal Dynamics, the company that is taking TR over from Core Design seems
to have gone down a whole new road with the story of the Angel of Drkness.
The first screenshot has been released. In this screenshot, we see Kurtis
Trent throw his life away on drugs.
Rumour has it that Core [they do write Core here, no mistake] has kept the
rights to Lara and that a whole new game will be built with Lara. It is said
that this will be a race game, that will only come out on Game Cube. Without
Lara and Kurtis, Crystal Dynamics is likely to make Werner von Croy the lead
character, as a ghost though probably, since he was killed in AoD. Please
don't take this story seriously."

Geez, why didn't they write that last sentence first?!

In other words: Yes, I can confirm that this has nothing whatsoever to do
with any upcoming TR game...

Sorry to have translated it now...

Sas

"Cryptic Sas" <sas@do-not-spam.nl> wrote in message
> Dutch site. Will translate, just a sec...
>
> "Crystal Dynamics, the company that is taking TR over from Core Design
seems
> to have gone down a whole new road with the story of the Angel of Drkness.
> The first screenshot has been released. In this screenshot, we see Kurtis
> Trent throw his life away on drugs.
> Rumour has it that Core [they do write Core here, no mistake] has kept the
> rights to Lara and that a whole new game will be built with Lara. It is
said
> that this will be a race game, that will only come out on Game Cube.
Without
> Lara and Kurtis, Crystal Dynamics is likely to make Werner von Croy the
lead
> character, as a ghost though probably, since he was killed in AoD. Please
> don't take this story seriously."
>
> Geez, why didn't they write that last sentence first?!
>
> In other words: Yes, I can confirm that this has nothing whatsoever to do
> with any upcoming TR game...
>
> Sorry to have translated it now...
>
> Sas

Sorry to have sent you on a fruitless search, but thanks for translating!
Yes, that last sentence definitely should've been first. Some people...

cjufnf

Cryptic Sas wrote:
> "cjufnf" <nothankyou@nothankyou.com> schreef in bericht
>
>> I haven't seen anybody post about this here, so here goes. At the
>>website Lara Croft World, http://www.laracroftworld.nl/, there is some
>>mentioning of news (oddly dated 07/08/02) talking about Crystal Dynamics.
>>Unfortunately, this site is NOT in English so I have no idea what it is
>>talking about. However, in the title of the news it says "Eerste
>
> screenshot
>
>>Angel of Darkness II van Crystal Dynamics." Below is a weird picture of a
>>guy who looks like a severe drug addict at best. Not really a screenshot
>>from a game but a rendered picture. Can anyone confirm if this really has
>>anything to do with the upcoming TR game?
>>
>>cjufnf
>>

> Dutch site. Will translate, just a sec...
>
> "Crystal Dynamics, the company that is taking TR over from Core Design seems
> to have gone down a whole new road with the story of the Angel of Drkness.
> The first screenshot has been released. In this screenshot, we see Kurtis
> Trent throw his life away on drugs.
> Rumour has it that Core [they do write Core here, no mistake] has kept the
> rights to Lara and that a whole new game will be built with Lara. It is said
> that this will be a race game, that will only come out on Game Cube. Without
> Lara and Kurtis, Crystal Dynamics is likely to make Werner von Croy the lead
> character, as a ghost though probably, since he was killed in AoD. Please
> don't take this story seriously."
>
> Geez, why didn't they write that last sentence first?!

why didn't YOU write the last sentence first? :)

thanks for the translation!

erik

"Cryptic Sas" <sas@do-not-spam.nl> wrote in message

> "cjufnf" <nothankyou@nothankyou.com> schreef in bericht
> > I haven't seen anybody post about this here, so here goes. At the
> > website Lara Croft World, http://www.laracroftworld.nl/, there is some
> > mentioning of news (oddly dated 07/08/02) talking about Crystal
Dynamics.
> > Unfortunately, this site is NOT in English so I have no idea what it is
> > talking about. However, in the title of the news it says "Eerste
> screenshot
> > Angel of Darkness II van Crystal Dynamics." Below is a weird picture of
> > guy who looks like a severe drug addict at best. Not really a screenshot
> > from a game but a rendered picture. Can anyone confirm if this really
has
> > anything to do with the upcoming TR game?
> >
> > cjufnf
> >

> Dutch site. Will translate, just a sec...
>
> "Crystal Dynamics, the company that is taking TR over from Core Design
seems
> to have gone down a whole new road with the story of the Angel of Drkness.
> The first screenshot has been released. In this screenshot, we see Kurtis
> Trent throw his life away on drugs.
> Rumour has it that Core [they do write Core here, no mistake] has kept the
> rights to Lara and that a whole new game will be built with Lara. It is
said
> that this will be a race game, that will only come out on Game Cube.
Without
> Lara and Kurtis, Crystal Dynamics is likely to make Werner von Croy the
lead
> character, as a ghost though probably, since he was killed in AoD. Please
> don't take this story seriously."
>
> Geez, why didn't they write that last sentence first?!
>
> In other words: Yes, I can confirm that this has nothing whatsoever to do
> with any upcoming TR game...
>
> Sorry to have translated it now...
>
> Sas

Ahh thanks Sas...meanwhile LOL!

That deserves the biggest LOL I have ever given...geez.

There are so many things wrong with it!

A race game!
Werner Von Croy???
Kurtis on Drugs? (well, that's a surprise)
Game Cube only????

Teehee....

> "Cryptic Sas" <sas@do-not-spam.nl> wrote in message
> > Dutch site. Will translate, just a sec...
> >
> > "Crystal Dynamics, the company that is taking TR over from Core Design
> seems
> > to have gone down a whole new road with the story of the Angel of
Drkness.
> > The first screenshot has been released. In this screenshot, we see
Kurtis
> > Trent throw his life away on drugs.
> > Rumour has it that Core [they do write Core here, no mistake] has kept
the
> > rights to Lara and that a whole new game will be built with Lara. It is
> said
> > that this will be a race game, that will only come out on Game Cube.
> Without
> > Lara and Kurtis, Crystal Dynamics is likely to make Werner von Croy the
> lead
> > character, as a ghost though probably, since he was killed in AoD.
Please
> > don't take this story seriously."
> >
> > Geez, why didn't they write that last sentence first?!
> >
> > In other words: Yes, I can confirm that this has nothing whatsoever to
do
> > with any upcoming TR game...
> >
> > Sorry to have translated it now...
> >
> > Sas
>
> Sorry to have sent you on a fruitless search, but thanks for translating!
> Yes, that last sentence definitely should've been first. Some people...
>
> cjufnf

No it's the last sentence that makes it funny!

It's just a joke article, that's the point. I think it was done quite well
myself...had me going for a little while...made my happy happy day!

"Erik Steffl" <steffl@bigfoot.com> schreef in bericht
> Cryptic Sas translated:
> > "Please
> > don't take this story seriously."
> >
> > Geez, why didn't they write that last sentence first?!
>
> why didn't YOU write the last sentence first? :)

I was doing it the bad way: I didn't read it first, just jumped in and
translated it sentence by sentence. It was late! (nearly three am)

> thanks for the translation!

Hehe, welcome. (For what it was worth anyway)

> erik

Sas

> > > Please
> > > don't take this story seriously."
> > >
> > > Geez, why didn't they write that last sentence first?!
> > >
> > > In other words: Yes, I can confirm that this has nothing whatsoever to
> do
> > > with any upcoming TR game...
> > >
> > > Sorry to have translated it now...
> > >
> > > Sas
> >
> > Sorry to have sent you on a fruitless search, but thanks for
translating!
> > Yes, that last sentence definitely should've been first. Some people...
> >
> > cjufnf
>
> No it's the last sentence that makes it funny!
>
> It's just a joke article, that's the point. I think it was done quite well
> myself...had me going for a little while...made my happy happy day!

<shakes head> definitely on drugs...

Somebody call a rehab clinic! This boy is in dire need!

Sas ;)

PS I got the joke... I just didn't feel like laughing... odd Dutch humour...

> > do

> > > Sorry to have sent you on a fruitless search, but thanks for
> translating!
> > > Yes, that last sentence definitely should've been first. Some
people...

> > > cjufnf
> >
> > No it's the last sentence that makes it funny!
> >
> > It's just a joke article, that's the point. I think it was done quite
well
> > myself...had me going for a little while...made my happy happy day!
>
> <shakes head> definitely on drugs...
>
> Somebody call a rehab clinic! This boy is in dire need!
>
> Sas ;)
>
> PS I got the joke... I just didn't feel like laughing... odd Dutch
humour...

*looks all indignant* I am NOT on drugs!!!!!

What's with the drug obsession o cryptic one? What have I said to make you
think this! It's horrible! *goes off to find his magic powder and
hundred-dollar note*

ok, that wasn't a very nice joke, but....i'm sorry.

meanwhile, i don't think it would be very easy at all to snort with an
Australian 100 dollar note. They're plastic. Bright green (brighter than my
hair....). And did i mention they're plastic?

Classs-iii.

geesh......

*giggles some more*

> *looks all indignant* I am NOT on drugs!!!!!

Good for you. But what about the people at Babelfish. Their translation
made about as much sense as a bunch of monkeys on acid

Mark.

This is taken from feeding the url into http://babelfish.altavista.com/

07/08/02 First screenshot sting or Darkness II of Crystal Dynamics
Crystal Dynamics, the company that Tomb Raider takes over of Core
design, seems entirely new gone stocked with the tale around sting or
Darkness. The first screenshot have been meanwhile released. On this we
see being throw away Kurtis Trent as junk life. Rumours go that Core
have preserved the rights of Lara Croft, however, and that an entirely
new game will be built with Lara. It would go here a race game which
will only come for the game Cube from. Without Lara and Kurtis to
Crystal the head role probably will give to Werner von Croy, as a spirit
indeed, since he was assassinated in AoD. Please seriously this tale not
to take | React to the forum

11/07/03 EXCLUSIVELY: Nederlandstalige sting or Darkness Walktrough!
If you are stuck in sting or Darkness can consult you as from now the
nederlandstalige walktrough! So far approximately a quarter of the game
has been translated, continues however return to this site because as
soon as the rest has been translated comes online. Click here to read
walktrough the nederlandstalige sting or Darkness.

25/06/03 The first tales concerning sting or Darkness II
Now sting or Darkness scattered concerning noord-Amerika, have already
told themselves the first tales concerning the second sting or Darkness
game to Jeremy Heath-Smith. According to an interview with CVG are
Jeremy Heath Smith of plan Lara get where she was. We have been not
terrible traditional with sting or Darkness. In the following part we
want bring back the dinosauriërs. Thus Smith to CVG. It is the intention
in this three-part game, to bring out since there each 12 months one, we
they have already planned and we nothing to technology will change, so
that we can keep ourselves with course of the tale busy. It is the
intention that the following part is over a year there. The game then
seventh from the Tomb Raider range then for June next year from must
come. In the most terrible case comes ie over a year, but hopelijk still
for that. Smith told also concerning the current state of the second
game of the new Tomb Raider spell. "all design and locations are there
already, many scenes are there already and we have for the!" | React to
the forum | Source

Cryptic Sas wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

>>No it's the last sentence that makes it funny!
>>
>>It's just a joke article, that's the point. I think it was done quite well
>>myself...had me going for a little while...made my happy happy day!
>

> <shakes head> definitely on drugs...
>
> Somebody call a rehab clinic! This boy is in dire need!
>
> Sas ;)
>
> PS I got the joke... I just didn't feel like laughing... odd Dutch humour...

Hmmmm ... old Dutch humor ...
I believe the last I saw *that*, it was aboard the Flying Dutchman.

It was being carried on board by Santa's elves and the Easter bunny ...
Yeah, that's it ... ;)

--

Pistol Whipped

"Liability Grimwood" <spamtrapmdg@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > *looks all indignant* I am NOT on drugs!!!!!
>
> Good for you. But what about the people at Babelfish. Their translation
> made about as much sense as a bunch of monkeys on acid

LOL! what a fantastic image........perhaps i can borrow 'monkeys on acid'
for a signature?

But yes, I agree.....I love babelfish so very much. They do provide endless
hours of entertainment. Go to any non-English site (or non first-language),
and then get babel fish to translate it....teehee......