Opinions sought on older laptop: IBM Thinkpad a20p/a22p?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 4, 2004 11:14:37 AM

I'm thinking of getting a used IBM a22p (or a21p, or a20p). These are the ones with the high res 15" screens, pentium 3 processor.

I can't get my hands on one to actually see the screen in action, although I've used IBM 600 series so I have a little knowledge of how thinkpads are.

Can anyone with experience recommend this laptop, or give their impressions on it, especially the screen/video? My use for the laptop is general but I really like a good display. I am also considering the t20-t23 series.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 4, 2004 11:14:38 AM

<ignoramus@ignorant.igg> writes:
> I'm thinking of getting a used IBM a22p (or a21p, or a20p). These
> are the ones with the high res 15" screens, pentium 3 processor.

I've been very happy with my a20p, although the bezel is falling apart.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 4, 2004 9:45:54 PM

I'm using an A22p right now and I love it. The screen is OK. It's
pretty much like any other 15" UXGA screen. Text can be hard to read
at that res or look bad if you make it bigger than it really should
be. That's just a fact of life with any hi-res screen, though.

!