Looking for quick fix to get bfbc2 running better

dudeguy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
I'm playing bfbc2, getting anywhere from 10-39 fps on 1280x768 low setting. My windows game rating says my video cards lacking. I'm willing to get a video card and new power supply cause i know the best video card this system can handle will be pretty cheap, and the psu i can overkill for my next setup. I have
RAM-3g

CPU- AMD phenom 9500 quad 2.2ghz (im pretty sure i can overclock it looking into it stuck at my mobo model to get bios update. Its hard to find)

Video- nvidia geforce 8500 256mb (oc'd from 475 to 500 got a few fps my psu is prob halting that but is it worth getting a psu just to oc a bit more or just get a video card)

PSU- liteon 300w +5-25a max, +3.3 18a, +12-19a, +5vsb 2a (put that cause i read that amperage is more important, and i seen some 450w practically the same amperage)

Motherboard-MCP61PM-HM Rev:2.1 (when i went to get the bios i notice they're picture of it was a little bit different just the capacitor and resistor groupings, as far as i could everything else was right, IDK cause the specs seem wrong. and the bios upgrade is for the M4P61PM-HM or M2P dont remember but one says must have that motherboard the other one doesn't say that so i took a break)

Monitor-Syncmaster2253BW 1680x1050 native

HD- 2x 360g seagate

So I think I'm looking for the best video card this turd will handle and look forward to oc'ing my cpu for the practice mostly I cause wanna build a bf3 machine... and am gonna get the AMD Phenom 11 Black Edition 125w so oc'ing this will be good practice no? Hope I didn't leave anything out ty for reading..

well, for better gameplay in BF:BC2 you are definitely going to need a new GPU, and the PSU is pretty bad so a new PSU. Though i would like to add that the Phenom might hold you back a bit too (and the original Phenoms, like what you have, don't OC well)

dudeguy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
k i think im being confusing i meant i just need a little more fps to get me by at the right times its very playable as is so what would be the best video card this system can handle obviously the next one up will help but how far can i go. would i need a new psu or is it pointless? sorry for being retarted.

it depends on whether or not the motherboard supports phenom II (or athlon II) processors, if it does, then it would be advantageous to get a new cpu/gpu/psu

if not, it might be better to get a new system minus case, hdd, odd