Solved

DX11 video card and Analog TV output

So my computer is getting a bit old. 4 years in a few months, and I feel like it's time to get a new one. I'm planning on a P55 board and i5 750, and I want to get a DX11 video card.

Now here's the problem; my TV only has analog inputs. S-video, Composite, Coaxial, and Component YPbPr. But no DX11 cards have analog TV-out anymore. It's all DVI and HDMI. I tried looking for a converter, but they cost $300, and frankly if I am going to pay $300 on a converter, I may as well just buy a new TV.

What is the best way to get a DX11 video card to support analog TV-out?

I considered getting a PCI card that has analog out and running that as a heterogeneous multi-adapter setup, but apparently this isn't supported in Vista/7 any longer (Will be running Win7).

I would prefer to not buy a new TV considering that my existing TV works great. Thanks for the help!
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dx11 video card analog output
  1. Hmm.. I'm not sure you can do it without spending quite a bit of money. I've never tried, but I did a little quick research and didn't find anything other than very expensive parts, or things with very bad reviews. I hope someone else who has more experience has better news for ya.
  2. Best answer
    Nope. If you want to continue to use your old TV the best you can do is a Radeon 4800 series card.

XFX 4890
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150438

If you want a DX11 card you are going to have to invest in a new TV or Monitor.
  3. Lol- that would work, but is more work and more time Anonymous- and probably, over a long enough period of time would be more expensive than getting a converter box or new TV or whatever:-)
  4. Best answer selected by MithrandirBooga.
Ask a new question

Read More

Tuner Cards TV Graphics Cards Graphics Product