Sign in with
Your question
Solved

DX11 video card and Analog TV output

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 15, 2010 9:19:51 PM

So my computer is getting a bit old. 4 years in a few months, and I feel like it's time to get a new one. I'm planning on a P55 board and i5 750, and I want to get a DX11 video card.

Now here's the problem; my TV only has analog inputs. S-video, Composite, Coaxial, and Component YPbPr. But no DX11 cards have analog TV-out anymore. It's all DVI and HDMI. I tried looking for a converter, but they cost $300, and frankly if I am going to pay $300 on a converter, I may as well just buy a new TV.

What is the best way to get a DX11 video card to support analog TV-out?

I considered getting a PCI card that has analog out and running that as a heterogeneous multi-adapter setup, but apparently this isn't supported in Vista/7 any longer (Will be running Win7).

I would prefer to not buy a new TV considering that my existing TV works great. Thanks for the help!
a b U Graphics card
April 15, 2010 9:50:36 PM

Hmm.. I'm not sure you can do it without spending quite a bit of money. I've never tried, but I did a little quick research and didn't find anything other than very expensive parts, or things with very bad reviews. I hope someone else who has more experience has better news for ya.
m
l

Best solution

a c 106 U Graphics card
April 15, 2010 10:05:13 PM

Nope. If you want to continue to use your old TV the best you can do is a Radeon 4800 series card.

XFX 4890
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you want a DX11 card you are going to have to invest in a new TV or Monitor.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2010 3:13:10 PM

I burn DVD's of what I record on my computer and walk them over to my dvd player hooked up to the TV.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 16, 2010 6:12:47 PM

Lol- that would work, but is more work and more time Anonymous- and probably, over a long enough period of time would be more expensive than getting a converter box or new TV or whatever:-)
m
l
April 25, 2010 1:55:05 PM

Best answer selected by MithrandirBooga.
m
l
!