NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error, graphics card

Ronnies1312

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Im not sure im posting this in the right section, but my laptop has some serious issues with the atikmdag error and the ATI category seemed relevant to my graphics card.

I get a few crashes a day, in many cases it leads to the: System Has Halted, NMI: Parity Check / Memory Parity Error.

I have contacted fujitsu about the problem, who then referred me to ati support. They couldnt seem to help me. The crashes occur completely randomly, however it appears that heat may be an issue. Once when i was playing Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (not a demanding game). The GPU temperature reached 87 degrees Celsius.

My specs are:
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0Ghz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400
3GB DDR2 RAM
320GB HDD
Windows 7 Professional

Any help is highly appreciated.

zalittle

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
If heat is the issue then check and make sure your fans are all operational as well as use a laptop cooling platform as well. Make sure all your drivers are up to date as well as os updates. Max out out virtual memory and defrag the system. Also try http://www.blackviper.com/ to streamline your system. Just a thought.

Ronnies1312

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
All my fans seem to work and all of my drivers are the best i can get for my system, I have purchased a laptop cooling pad, I hope it helps. I also sent a slightly stong worded email to Fujitsu regarding their lack of concern about customer satisfaction and they seemed to suddenly take more of an interest in my problem. Hopefully they will be able to fix the problem.
Thanks for your help.

zalittle

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

Glad I could help.

TRENDING THREADS